Xiaomi Yi 4K Action Camera 2 More Details - Update Real Photo & Unboxing Review Video

Hi guys,

We published a review of YI 2 which contains quite a lot of info.
Might be helpful for people thinking about getting one.
Here's the article http://pevly.com/yi-2-4k-review

If you guys have any questions or suggestion that might improve it, let me know.

Good review, but one thing is missing. I see you have a table with battery life values for several modes. Did you take those values from Yi or did you measure it yourself? Also, in my usage scenerios with the first Yi I am using external USB batteries while recording. Does this work with the Yi 2? How much recording time do you get with a 10,000 mAh USB battery for example? If you are recording videos for hours, is the video continuous? Or are there hitches between files? Can you switch the touchscreen off to save battery life?

Good review, but one thing is missing. I see you have a table with battery life values for several modes. Did you take those values from Yi or did you measure it yourself? Also, in my usage scenerios with the first Yi I am using external USB batteries while recording. Does this work with the Yi 2? How much recording time do you get with a 10,000 mAh USB battery for example? If you are recording videos for hours, is the video continuous? Or are there hitches between files? Can you switch the touchscreen off to save battery life?

The Yi2 will record and charge so you can use a power-bank with it, I don't know it's run-time as I have never measured it but it's definitely longer than other action cameras. The LCD screen also has timeout and it turns off after a period of time.

If anybody here is from the EU, you can now get it for $249 from their Spanish warehouse

Mine doesnt turn on anymore despite full charged batteries. Does anyone know where the service center is for yi 4k camera?

A highly awaited test, a direct Gyro image stabilization (EIS) comparison between the Firefly 8S, SJCam Sj7, XiaoYi Yi2 and ThiEye T5 taken in 1080p@60fps. More tests coming soon.

A very difficult test to evaluate with 4 cams in the frame. At 1st I thought the SJ7 and 8s were the better of the group, with a slant towards the SJ lens flaring aside, but on re-watching, I can clearly see more sharpness and detail in the Yi2.

Where the Yi2 loses out slightly, is it appears to have a slight colour cast (on the basis that the other 3 render sand as yellow and the Yi as reddish), and it clearly has more contrast or a darker exposure whcih is probably what threw me off on intitial assessment.

Overall, a great video (might be useful to have some 2 clips as well), and in my opinion, the Yi wins for sharpness and detail with also less blurring from compression when the camera is moving and the picture is "busy". For me the Yi is the overall winner although maybe the colour balance / contrast could be tweaked slightly.

You can check my new video Xiaomi Yi II 4k VS Sjcam Sj7 Star Fieldtest Footage

@c4rc4m indeed 4 cameras in one video is a bit too much, I will redo the gyro test with more appropriate footage and probably with only 2 cameras side-by side.

Here is a more "quality" oriented test, all cameras set to max quality / bitrate / resolution (4K).

Back