Xiaomi Yi 4K Action Camera 2 More Details - Update Real Photo & Unboxing Review Video

Thanks for answer, but I found this YT video today, but I am not sure is it fake or not. I wish tro try it, but i cant find yi4k EN fw 1.1.5

In this video, this guy downgrade 1.2 CN firmware to 1.1.5 build 2175 EN fw.

Fake? :)
I can't comment if it's fake or not, but when I was still a member in the Yi2 group there was a large number of people trying to to something similar and they weren't successful. Some of them even bricked the camera trying...

I want to try it, but I am unable to find 1.1.5 FW. Can someone send me link for 1.1.5 EN fw?

Thanks in advance ;)

Do you guys use medium or high video quality?

Just an update regarding international FW on Chinese version of Yi 4k. It is possible, and it is easy :)

How to Change Chinese Firmware To English

1. Download the YI4k Beta Live file and Extract here or here
2. Access folder and find the file “firmware_force.bin”
3. Copy and Paste it into your Memory Card, dont rename it! (Memory Card must be formatted in FAT32. Recommended card speed is at least U3. i.e Sandisk Extreme Pro u3)
4. Insert memory Card into your Yi4k Action Camera, turn on your camera and let it update for a minute. (Battery should remain at least 50% to perform this update)
5. After successfully updated, Turn off and Turn on one time.
6. Enjoy your Yi4k
Note: This is only beta version. Please do not perform any updates, or else your camera may be bricked

All credits goes to guy who made this vid:

I just did this method on two Yi 4k, and it works without any problem. No "illegal version" message ;)

Just an update regarding international FW on Chinese version of Yi 4k. It is possible, and it is easy :)

How to Change Chinese Firmware To English

1. Download the YI4k Beta Live file and Extract here or here
2. Access folder and find the file “firmware_force.bin”
3. Copy and Paste it into your Memory Card, dont rename it! (Memory Card must be formatted in FAT32. Recommended card speed is at least U3. i.e Sandisk Extreme Pro u3)
4. Insert memory Card into your Yi4k Action Camera, turn on your camera and let it update for a minute. (Battery should remain at least 50% to perform this update)
5. After successfully updated, Turn off and Turn on one time.
6. Enjoy your Yi4k
Note: This is only beta version. Please do not perform any updates, or else your camera may be bricked

All credits goes to guy who made this vid:

I just did this method on two Yi 4k, and it works without any problem. No "illegal version" message ;)
Many thanks for your efforts.
I published this case on 4pda.ru forum, somebody tried and it worked. But the firmware version is old, is not it possible to ask the author repeat the process with the latest firmware?
Also a question: pairing with an Android phone on wifi by Yi Action app will work or not?
Please answer!

Yi app works normally. It's an old FW, and a lot of features missing. I am afraid to bric my cam if I try same method with latest EN fw :)

Hi guys,

We published a review of YI 2 which contains quite a lot of info.
Might be helpful for people thinking about getting one.
Here's the article http://pevly.com/yi-2-4k-review

If you guys have any questions or suggestion that might improve it, let me know.

Last edited:
Here's also a video review

Good review. Regarding the sound, many cameras have that issue with bass. I believe it's called clipping and is caused by the electronic signal from the microphone becoming too strong as it becomes over amplified and the top of the sine waves become clipped off. In common language the microphone becomes overloaded.

If Yi want to correct that, they probably should look at the implementation in some other cameras such as the Casio EX-Z80. That camera has distortion protection built in and lowers the bass signal levels when clipping is likely to occur. I've had one in high bass environments, and it's never clipped. It does also mute the mids and highs a bit as well, but nevertheless prevents distortion leaving a perfect sound with no bass and a very decent sound with heavy bass. I'm sure many other modern cameras have it fitted. Equally I'm sure one of the reasons the Yi doesn't have it is because it was designed as an action camera and the designers probably never foresaw people taking them to concerts, although now it's quite a common occurrence with GoPro's given the selfie sticks / handles that are now available for action cams.

look the sea at 6:48 i don't understand why YI 4K have the sea "gray" color... :(

Pause and look at the grass on the hills at 7 mins 13 secs - you'll see the Foxeer grass is deep green and the Yi 4K grass quite a dry looking brown. The difference to me appears to be in the in camera saturation levels. It's hard to know which is truly representative. However, at the same point, there's a bush just below the end of the wall in the Foxeer shot that looks very fluo green so I'd hazard a guess that the Foxeer has a very high degree of saturation. So the true saturation probably is either the Yi or somewhere between the two.

I'd also have to say I'm a fan of independent reviews as you never know with a manufacturer made or supported video if all the cameras were on the same settings.

noob question here........

can you charge the battery while its IN the camera? like say with a battery grip?

Who wants, I found Yi 4K International Version at a promotional price $ 206, limited number of pieces.

Has anybody experience buying from Geekbuying? Just found the Yi 4k selling for $219 from their Spanish warehouse (I'm from Europe).

Back