My Street Guardian has video quality issues, especially compared to this other recording.

TLAdapt

Reaction score
Country
United States
My quality of the recordings from my street guardian seems highly lacking.

Here's a sample recording from my Street Guardian.
Ignore the music. I have the CPL filter attached. Please play the video in 1080p. The video's quality seems off, everything seems too bright. I have no idea if it's a hardware issue, or if there's a setting I can change.
Here's night footage. You can clearly see a video quality issue.

Compare the recording quality to this (Please skip to 4:42):
There is a stark difference. The colors are much more balanced, and it seems the general quality of the recording is just much better. Details are better, I can make out more text, etc.

Both recordings are in sunny days, too.

Thank you for any input.

Please check what EV ( Exposure Value ) settings you have ? WDR on or OFF ?
In your night video recording can see a lot of street lights flare, which is usually caused by dirty windshiled, which effects overall video quality perception.
Please make sure your dascham lens and CPL is clean ( inside / outside ), same is for widshield, it must be clean inside and outside.

Is this a SG9665GC V2 or V3? Are you on the latest firmware? V3 will have latest firmware already as of today but if you have a v2 get the update from: https://streetguardian.info/support
After you update, reset to factory defaults.

It's hard to judge video quality when youtube re-compresses everything. Share raw videos via mega.nz filedropper.com dropbox.com etc

A bit obvious but, did you take the protective film off the camera?

... also from CPL glass ?

@niko , I bought the V3 from you and I didn't see any film on my cam, but was on both sides of CPL, my videos seem ok though

@niko , I bought the V3 from you and I didn't see any film on my cam, but was on both sides of CPL, my videos seem ok though

Yeah, CPL has protective film on both sides.

But should there have been a film on the V3 lens?

We directed the factory to not put film on the DashCam lens since it was already protected with the microfiber bag and too many people were not taking it off or it left residue behind once removed. There was a small batch where they still accidentally put the film over the lens even though we asked them not to. So the answer is maybe/depends but no for most.

at the moment there is no film on the lens, we had an issue with the supplier where the plastic film they had was leaving a residue on the lens which was hard to see but was effecting the performance of the lens so leaving it off was preferred, the camera is packed in a soft anti static bag so does have protection while in transit, we have since sourced a different supplier for the plastic and will be adding the plastic over the lens again in upcoming production runs

Amazing how much random crap you have to deal with in manufacturing.

Back