Samsung evo 64gb format

Tony lovelock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 422gw/Nextbase 212G & möbius C3 wide angle lens
hi,

I'm currently using a genuine Kingston 32gb class 4 micro sd card in my möbius for loop recording. However I would like to expand the memory up to 64gb therefore I brought a Samsung 64gb class 10 micro sd card, I would like to format it to fat32 so I can loop record on the bigger sd card. I did give this ago with easeus partition manager (free download) tool but when I thought I'd done the format it still says exfat. Are there any other programs I could use to format from exfat to fat32 which free but also safe to use?

Thanks

hi,

I'm currently using a genuine Kingston 32gb class 4 micro sd card in my möbius for loop recording. However I would like to expand the memory up to 64gb therefore I brought a Samsung 64gb class 10 micro sd card, I would like to format it to fat32 so I can loop record on the bigger sd card. I did give this ago with easeus partition manager (free download) tool but when I thought I'd done the format it still says exfat. Are there any other programs I could use to format from exfat to fat32 which free but also safe to use?

Thanks

Well, yes there are other programs that can do this. :) In fact, you already have one.

The mSetup GUI software that you use to configure your Mobius has the ability to format 64GB cards to FAT32 built right in. Simply choose the FAT32 file system when you have a 64GB card in your Mobius and then use the formatting tool.

formatting.jpg

Last edited:
So I pop in the Samsung evo 64gb sd card into my möbius, then load up msetup on my laptop and select fat32 and then format on the msetup program as I would do with my 32gb sd card

Even thought it's formatted to fat32 but is class 10 will I not encounter any recording issues when in loop recording mode? As möbius have said to me that highly recommend Samsung evo sd cards now instead due to previous recording issues etc. Is there much difference from using class 10 instead as of class 4?

Thanks again

Even thought it's formatted to fat32 but is class 10 will I not encounter any recording issues when in loop recording mode? As möbius have said to me that highly recommend Samsung evo sd cards now instead due to previous recording issues etc. Is there much difference from using class 10 instead as of class 4?

Thanks again

64GB Samsung EVO class 10 will function just fine. For all practical purposes you will see no significant difference between the class 4 and class 10 speeds.

Is there much difference from using class 10 instead as of class 4?

Thanks again

FYI
  • CLASS 2 - a guaranteed minimum write speed of 2MB/s or higher
  • CLASS 4 - a guaranteed minimum write speed of 4MB/s or higher
  • CLASS 6 - a guaranteed minimum write speed of 6MB/s or higher
  • CLASS 10 - a guaranteed minimum write speed of 10MB/s or higher

I placed the Samsung evo 64gb sd card into my möbius clicked on fat 32 and formatted sd card. Went onto the möbius 'g' drive and right clicked the options. Went to properties and it says fat32, however when I click on the format option it says 'file system' exfat still?

The card I have in my Mobius example above happens to be the same Samsung 64GB EVO card you are using. It formats to FAT32 in the mSetup utility as evidenced right in the mSetup window which is the reason I went to the trouble of highlighting the FAT32 designation for you in the screen shot.

If I go to the trouble of examining the same 64 GB card using a disk utility it confirms that the card is formatted to FAT32. Not sure what your issue is.

disk_utility.png

formatting.jpg

Ok thanks for the information provided. I'm currently using the 64gb sd card in my möbius at home recording on loop recording mode, I will leave it on for an hour or so and see if I encounter any issues.

Well it recorded about 30 mins of 3 segment loop recording files, when I plugged my möbius back into my laptop and loaded up msetup it come up with fat32 64gb sd card so hopefully this will work ok now. Also can you have mode 2 instead of mode 1 as it's easier to see the blue led. But you can't have it recording in 1080p?

Well it recorded about 30 mins of 3 segment loop recording files, when I plugged my möbius back into my laptop and loaded up msetup it come up with fat32 64gb sd card so hopefully this will work ok now. Also can you have mode 2 instead of mode 1 as it's easier to see the blue led. But you can't have it recording in 1080p?

Yes, just select which mode you wish to have the camera start recording in by selecting the option in mSetup. And yes, you can have it record in 1080p.

I recommend that you download and read the Mobius instruction manual to learn the basic operating procedures. - LINK (PDF)

Mobius_001.jpg

I now have it recording in mode 2 with the blue led (easier to see in sunnier weather) with 1080p recording settings, and the sd card now in fat32 format has recorded flawlessly so far...

http://autodvr.by/evoplus64gb
1-500x500.jpg

Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_3.jpg

Screenshot.jpg

I placed the Samsung evo 64gb sd card into my möbius clicked on fat 32 and formatted sd card. Went onto the möbius 'g' drive and right clicked the options. Went to properties and it says fat32, however when I click on the format option it says 'file system' exfat still?

That function is for Windows to format the card- it does not identify what the card is now formatted as (which you saw as FAT32 in Properties). Windows will not format any card larger than 32GB to FAT32 so what it's saying is that if you want to format that card with Windows it will end up as EXFAT afterward. You're OK the way things are right now, the card is FAT32.

Windows can be confusing at times ;)

Phil

Thanks Phil for the info

Back