SG9665GC v3 busted out of the box

minion81

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, I just ordered a SG9665GC v3 from Amazon. It arrived this afternoon. Before I mounted it to my window I decided to just connect it to the power socket in my car to confirm all was well. Sadly, it isn't. The screen boots up white and constantly flickers. I can sporadically see what is there, but mostly the screen is just flickering white. I'm using the included power cord and I've tried two different vehicles with the same result. Am I missing something or is this camera simply busted out of the box? For what its worth the box looked new, as did all of the accessories therein.

Hello, that's odd and not right of course. Did you try booting up with no memory card inserted, and leaving the GPS unplugged? (one last thing to rule out)

Please contact me via private message or email. (there should be a note/business card in the box) I'll make replacement arrangements.

Remove (eject) memory card, try to power on without it to see what will happen.

Sadly, the same behavior occurs without the memory card (first thing I tried). Same thing without the GPS as well. It does make the little startup chime and and beeps and boops when I push the buttons, but the screen is just white.

you are using the included power cord?

Yep, black one with a little box on it. I read about other people having problems when not using the included cord so I used only that one.

Yep, black one with a little box on it. I read about other people having problems when not using the included cord so I used only that one.

ok, could be a power issue but since you just got it it's better we just replace the lot anyway, @Street Guardian USA will look after that for you

now thats service, problem sorted within an hour of being notified of a fault. wish everyone had that sort of customer service skills, sadly not, very rare.

Replacement showed up today. I did a quick test, it's working much better than the old one. I will get the old one boxed up and sent back. Thanks for the quick response time!

Back