NextBase Replay 3 - Accelerometer the wrong way around?

drwilliams

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've noticed that when watching replays on Replay 3 (version 3.10.0), that forward and backward acceleration is tied to the Z axis of the G-Sensor. Interestingly, when you watch back a video of your car slowing down/braking, the graphic in the lower right of the application shows the dot heading towards "accel" instead of "brake". Hence if you brake hard, the application will show that you were accelerating...

Left and right appear to be mapped to the sensors correctly, but it seems that accelerate and decelerate graphic is the wrong way around.

1540299337096.png

Is this a known issue?

Hi @drwilliams

I've just tried with a 22.5 file here and it didn't appear do this - are you able to share one of your files on the Google Drive link you provided me with yesterday?

I was looking at that graphic and it seems back to front.

In my mind it would be more natural if the green dot acted like a ball bearing and when you brake it went up (forwards) and accelerate made it go down. Same with left and right.

Probably just me :)

Agree with that K. But as devils advocate, acceleration is usually 'polarised' as a positive value (traditionally up on a graph) and deceleration negative (down).

Back