Nextbase Replay 3 software missing previous functionality

glynbo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 512G / Nextbase 512GW
I have posted this on many occasions to Nextbase direct since January 2018 and have always received the standard "I'll refer it to the development team" response.

Replay 2 had a superb feature wherein you could select multiple files and thus see your entire journey on the map.

Replay 3 very kindly removed this functionality. It's all very well having fancy G-force info that no one really cares about, but the above feature was incredibly useful, especially as each segment was colour-coded.

After 40 years in IT, I find it surprising that an update should remove functionality.

Over to Nextbase...

Oh, and if all you're going to respond is "I'll refer it...." then don't bother.

The hardware (512GW) by the way is superb, but let down massively by the accompanying software.

"I'll refer it.. " shows some sort of interest and who knows, might just bring about a positive outcome.

Does Replay2 still work with the new DashCams. That sounds like a useful feature.

Must check on the PC whether I still have/had RP2. I know I've got the older Driver Recorder Player in stock.

..... no I haven't got RP2 but Dashcam Viewer looks like it does.

Last edited:
Any sensible viewer does. (Except Replay3 it seems).

You can indeed use any viewer of the native video files, but only Replay2/3 will plot the journey(s) onto the map for you. My Replay2 has ceased to work because of the map issue with Googlemaps. Although you won't find the Replay 2 installer on Nextbase's site, I still have it stored on my network drive.

Does Replay2 still work with the new DashCams. That sounds like a useful feature.

Must check on the PC whether I still have/had RP2. I know I've got the older Driver Recorder Player in stock.

..... no I haven't got RP2 but Dashcam Viewer looks like it does.

Replay2 does indeed work with the later dashcams - at least with my 512GW. It was indeed a useful feature. Hence my original post.

I Googled RP2 but only got manuals and YT footage. Have you got RP2 you can Dropbox, or similar ?

'Dashcam Viewer' plots my 380GW journeys perfectly in the Google Maps box so not restricted to RP2/3 in my case.

I concur with Kremmen, Dashcam Viewer does indeed plot the route on a map and for me gives a more stable playback of video footage.

I'm seriously considering paying the $25 for the unlocked version. It does indeed seem to play very well.

It also seems to display a clearer Google map.

What does the $25 get you K?

I've had a look at Dashcam Viewer. I'd prefer it if Nextbase resurrected their missing functionality. After all, we've already paid for their product. Why should we have to find a workaround for poor development practices?

I just wonder why this thread is in the 512 topic as it really is nor directly related.
It would be better if it were to be moved to the general posts or if there was a Replay topic.

Got Replay 2.

It appears to be specific to the older 512 as none of the sensors, or map, can read my 402/412/380 files.

The "older" 512 ? Mine's the 512GW which - according to Nextbase's website - is the latest model in the 512 range?

Back