Has anyone laid their hands on a "70mai Dash Cam Pro" yet?

Bought mine last night from GB, English firmware with GPS module; AU$ 86.67

how would he do that, he only bought it last night
Seems like we're all waiting on shipping to commence whether we purchased via the IndieGoGo campaign or resellers... at least for the English version which we're after.

My contributions ID on Indiegogo is 110 and still didn't get any shipping info...hope to get it before Xmas [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Recieved my tracking code from indiegogo its not working currently so i assume its still in customs in HK or somewhere. My id is 596

Lucky you, still didn't get mine but waiting patiently [emoji16] and having a laugh reading comments on campaigns page accusing me to be a 70mai fake account lol

I have an official English beta test unit. I just acquired the GPS module earlier today and have installed it somewhat permanently in my car. I had some footage put up from when I first got the unit two weeks back. Here they are:

PS: OK the 1080 footage is a bad example. I had taken it off the mount and it was resting atop my dashboard. Watch at your own peril.
1080:
2.7k:

OK, properly mounted night footage. Event at 0:40s. The GPS module does not embed location nor speed into the video which makes it kind of pointless. The ADAS function seems pretty random when it decides to talk and it doesn't.

So if you're looking to add the GPS module, I would say it's not worth it. I'd rather get a Papago D11 with GPS antenna. At least that embeds.

OK, properly mounted night footage. Event at 0:40s. The GPS module does not embed location nor speed into the video which makes it kind of pointless. The ADAS function seems pretty random when it decides to talk and it doesn't.

So if you're looking to add the GPS module, I would say it's not worth it. I'd rather get a Papago D11 with GPS antenna. At least that embeds.

Thanks for posting, rich
well, image quality seem to be pretty decent to be honest, did you try to switch it to h.265 yet?
Also, in regards to GPS module: hoping that at some stage 70mai will add GPS data into footage

and I'd chase and kick this biker ar*se :) :) :)

Thanks for posting, rich
well, image quality seem to be pretty decent to be honest, did you try to switch it to h.265 yet?
Also, in regards to GPS module: hoping that at some stage 70mai will add GPS data into footage

and I'd chase and kick this biker ar*se :):):)

I did try H265, that's where the earlier 2.7k footage came from. Don't know why YouTube wouldn't let me play more than 720p tho, maybe it's my phone resolution limit.

Couldn't chase the biker, I'm just glad I didn't kill him. There was congestion ahead and he just filtered thru it all :(

Oh, missed the 2.4k link ...my bad [emoji846]
It looks pretty good tbh

Don't know why YouTube wouldn't let me play more than 720p
YT compresses all videos loaded onto it, some more than others. Sometimes it's so bad as to make watching almost unbearble :( Use a file-sharing site like Dropbox or MegaNZ to share vids exactly as you sent them without any added processing.

Phil

YT compresses all videos loaded onto it, some more than others. Sometimes it's so bad as to make watching almost unbearble :( Use a file-sharing site like Dropbox or MegaNZ to share vids exactly as you sent them without any added processing.

Phil
OK will do once there's a notable event to share. Cam has been working fine the past two weeks, even though I'm paranoid about the 500 mAh battery blowing up when parked under the sun.

Just got mine from Ebay with English FW and GPS. so here it is:
  1. First issue is the position of the lens , I had to mount it driver side because otherwise video was obstructed by the big box around the smart mirror in my car.
  2. Image quality is absolutely stunning but prone to capture all possible reflections from dash and windshield. need a reflection shield or something to help with that.
  3. I enabled the ADAS... big f*** mistake, camera is doing some sort of calibration , tried to disable but no matter where the ADAS switch is the calibration still goes on most of the time. I have no clue what to do now.
All in all solid camera with some f***ed up software bugs and in desperate need of eliminating reflections.

I have 2 70mai pros. One is in Chinese and the other in English. If someome knows how I could copy the firmware from English and flash it on the CHinese one that would be great?

I am happy to share the firmware here.

in desperate need of eliminating reflections.

Reflections aren't the cam's fault; any cam with the lens in the exact same place would get the exact same reflections. A CPL may help but it will darken the video and reduce some of the low-light capability. Moving the cam may also help. Covering the area being reflected (usually the top of the dash) with a non-relfective dashmat seems to be the best solution- there's threads here on the subject:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/making-your-own-dashmat.21768/
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/how-do-you-reduce-the-dashboard-glare.30613/

Phil

Just got mine from Ebay with English FW and GPS. so here it is:
  1. First issue is the position of the lens , I had to mount it driver side because otherwise video was obstructed by the big box around the smart mirror in my car.
  2. Image quality is absolutely stunning but prone to capture all possible reflections from dash and windshield. need a reflection shield or something to help with that.
  3. I enabled the ADAS... big f*** mistake, camera is doing some sort of calibration , tried to disable but no matter where the ADAS switch is the calibration still goes on most of the time. I have no clue what to do now.
All in all solid camera with some f***ed up software bugs and in desperate need of eliminating reflections.

ADAS takes a abit of time. It took me 10-15 mins and completed while I was driving. I think static scene may not allow ADAS to complete calibration, there's no clear instruction about it.

Back