0805 displaying Greenwich Mean Time

Druggist

Reaction score
Country
Grenada
Dash Cam
magagods
I have a new 0805 with GPS. I have set the time to Sydney time but when I connect to GPS and record, then playback it shows Greenwich Mean Time.

What am I doing wrong?

What are you playing back on? Registrator Viewer has a time zone setting under 'View'.

What are you playing back on? Registrator Viewer has a time zone setting under 'View'.
I am using Registrator Viewer. The timezone is set in the 0805 and in Registrator Viewer. Should I leave one set as GMT? Am I getting GMT +11 +11?

you've set the timezone in the camera to +11?

it's to the left of the time and date settings and not easy to see

you've set the timezone in the camera to +11?

it's to the left of the time and date settings and not easy to see
Thanks, easy when you know where to look.

Please excuse my newness to the Dash Cam and newby questions. Being very familiar with GPSs I soon sussed that when I entered local time it stayed as is until the GPS connected and changed to GMT. I was happy to leave it on GMT (an old sailor) but then I came across this thread.

So silly question time - how do I actually get the system to stay on local time and not switch to GMT when the GPS is connected. I only have the wowful manual that says nothing (surely someone has better manual - I came across this forum looking for an online manual).

Obviously from comments on here you use Registrator Viewer but what is this??

Apologies again for the dumb question.

Garry

Please excuse my newness to the Dash Cam and newby questions. Being very familiar with GPSs I soon sussed that when I entered local time it stayed as is until the GPS connected and changed to GMT. I was happy to leave it on GMT (an old sailor) but then I came across this thread.

So silly question time - how do I actually get the system to stay on local time and not switch to GMT when the GPS is connected. I only have the wowful manual that says nothing (surely someone has better manual - I came across this forum looking for an online manual).

Obviously from comments on here you use Registrator Viewer but what is this??

Apologies again for the dumb question.

Garry
You could read the 0806 online manual, there are a few differences and extras but the time setup is the same: http://www.mini0806.com/firmware/mini0806 manual V2.pdf

All you have to do is use the cameras menu, select DATE AND TIME and set the first number to match your local timezone - something like -11. There is no need to set the time as it will be corrected anyway when the GPS connects to the satellites.

Thanks for the last two posts - very helpful.

This leads me to my next issue (I will put here as it follows on from the viewer).

I have a mid to high end Laptop - relatively new, fast, lots of RAM and a very good graphics card. It plays most of the Dash Cam video files with Windows Media Player but some of the video files bring up the blue screen of death and crashes the computer - this only happens with the 0805 video MOV files (I have never had the issue before) - resolution settings on the dash cam don't seem relevant. I just installed RegistratorViewer and using it to open the files causes the same thing.

Any ideas.

Thanks

Garry

Thanks for the last two posts - very helpful.

This leads me to my next issue (I will put here as it follows on from the viewer).

I have a mid to high end Laptop - relatively new, fast, lots of RAM and a very good graphics card. It plays most of the Dash Cam video files with Windows Media Player but some of the video files bring up the blue screen of death and crashes the computer - this only happens with the 0805 video MOV files (I have never had the issue before) - resolution settings on the dash cam don't seem relevant. I just installed RegistratorViewer and using it to open the files causes the same thing.

Any ideas.

Thanks

Garry
In Registrator Viewer, select the menu Playback, select the menu Renderer, select the menu VMR. Ignore that it says "Windows XP". It will probably now work fine although it may sometimes be slightly jerky.

Windows Media Player will let your graphics card do the decoding and that is where the problem will be, maybe there are updated video drivers available - check your laptop manufacturers support site, but using VMR will allow RV to work as it then does the decoding itself.

The Registrator Viewer works great thanks (is there a full screen mode? - zoom is good but full screen would also be good).

Also - I changed to different video software on my computer and I now have no issue watching individual files without using Registrator Viewer.

Thanks - am learning a lot and appreciate all your help.

Garry

Double click the video for full screen mode :)

Double click the video for full screen mode :)
I didn't know that works in Registrator Viewer ... tried it and it doesn't ... is there an option somewhere to enable it?

I use the keyboard Alt-Enter and then Esc to return. While in full screen move the mouse to the bottom of the screen for the control panel.

There is also the Playback menu which has a Full Screen option.

Exactly - works in 6.0.0.1 - you just double click the video and it toggles between full screen and windowed modes :)

How come you've not upgraded yet mate? The next version should be due any time with the Mini fixes in there.

The next version should be due any time with the Mini fixes in there.
Then I will wait until it does arrive, no point upgrading twice and the version I have doesn't appear to need any mini fixes!

I'm wondering if lack of double click for full screen is due to me enabling click to pause... two clicks pauses and unpauses the video.

It's not like you have to upgrade it though as it's a portable executable - although saying that you have a copy on your microSD cards too from memory so I see where you're coming from.

That does sound like that option would affect it though - I can't remember if a single click pauses it for me - I'm on the Mac at the moment so I'll take a look on my other machine in a bit :)

Back