Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
0801, 0806, mobius
Hi all,

I recently bought a '3rd' batch 0806 from combi-uk here:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351365724013
however i've noticed a few issues in the 48 hours i have had the camera:

1) The last recorded file before the engine is switched off is either missing or corrupted.

2) The camera switches off as soon as the ignition is turned off (which presumably links in with point 1).

3) the battery doesn't appear to hold charge at all. when the camera was bought there was no power at all in it at all, after a few drives i can get the camera to turn on for about 2 seconds before flashing low battery and switching off.

4) the time and date stamp resets back to 01/01/2014 a the start of each journey but changes 3 minutes into the correct time?

Any assistance or insight in fixing these problems would be greatly appreciated.

After the car is off, camera should be off but only after saving the last file which usually takes at least 4 seconds.

You can charge the camera inside home with a phone charger for few hours and see if the battery lasts for at least few minutes.
I had issues with other dashcams when I drive short distances and the last file didn't save properly but for longer drives, there was no issue.

4. The settings are lost after battery is drained but once GPS is locked, it gets correct time from GPS.

After a half hour charge, the battery should last at least 5 minutes. If not then get it replaced.

It does sound like a battery failure, presumably after being tested since Combi say they test them all.

Not sure what the normal battery life is and I'm sure there is a fair bit of variation but mine runs for ten minutes.

yeah i think the batteries buggered, oh well.

Dead battery for sure or it's not getting charged for some reason,
You sure it's a batch 3, would have thought Raymond Chan would have posted the changes on here when it was being sent out!!

thanks for your replies guys, I've just decided to return the camera instead

Back