0806 Shut down during Firmware update

it's the original version though yeah?

if it is it would be logical for @Rayman.Chan to supply you with the updated production versions as well, changes made aren't always for the better and if you're going to help troubleshoot with end users it makes sense to have the same hardware version, I'm sure the cost to supply you with updated hardware is easily nullified by the amount of assistance offered to end users, once they're all sorted and stable it won't be an issue, until such time though it would make a lot of sense to give you some more resources

having more than one camera makes any A-B testing for firmware issues etc much easier as well
I consider mine a prototype, the main PCB has been reworked since due to bits not working properly and the second batch seems to have some significant difference in the moulding around the rotation mechanism - so I am not helping much with the internal cabling issues/debate as mine is different.

Your suggestion seems sensible to me, Rayman may be planning to do that with the Parking Guard Mount anyway as I'm not sure if my current camera will work with it...

as I said it would be logical to have provided you with each updated version so that you're checking against the same versions as end users are, not too late to do that

extra pieces are always made during any production run and used as shipping samples for troubleshooting and comparison purposes

Are you using the latest firmware currently?

I know you've mentioned you have one of the pre release cameras before but do you have a release version as well, and the updated GPS bracket etc?
It says vi.0 if that helps.

as I said it would be logical to have provided you with each updated version so that you're checking against the same versions as end users are, not too late to do that

extra pieces are always made during any production run and used as shipping samples for troubleshooting and comparison purposes
Yes, lots of early testers' dashcam is not the ones that current users are having issues with.
Looks like the pre-release testers had good functioning units compared to post production.
Anyways, I also mentioned it before in a different thread that when commenting 'My unit has no problem, it's working for months etc...', it's good to mention what version dashcam is in use as it's misleading at times and frustrating as well as one thinks why he has no issue but I have all the issues. ;)

Next time you need to connect your car charger firstly, and then update the cam, as for your case, there is no way to upgrade via the cam, you need to ask the seller to send you a firmware which can upgrade the cam via computer, this is the only way to work it out

The 35 seconds shutdown problem is because of the magnetic ring falling down from its case and touching the internal electronics. It can be fixed only by disassembling the camera and maybe using some super glue. If you will shake the camera you will hear the ring moving inside.
To avoid such problems the case which is holding the ring should be done with some fixing shoulders and not using just a hot iron to keep the magnet fixed.

enjoy,
Mtz

The 35 seconds shutdown problem is because of the magnetic ring falling down from its case and touching the internal electronics. It can be fixed only by disassembling the camera and maybe using some super glue. If you will shake the camera you will hear the ring moving inside.
To avoid such problems the case which is holding the ring should be done with some fixing shoulders and not using just a hot iron to keep the magnet fixed.

enjoy,
Mtz

don't use superglue, the vapor it produces may end up clouding the lens, makes a mess of PCB's and anywhere you've touched as it's attracted to the oils from your skin, superglue vapor is used to get latent finger prints for good reason

Reactions: Mtz
Great advice, people should thank you!

enjoy,
Mtz

OT but do you think the glue / adhesive that BlackVue used was responsible for why they can cloud up over time?

Thanks, The camera is now detected, but when I upload "amboot_hal_kernel_romfs_dsp_release.elf", it finishes with a fail and the message below.

Found 1 AMBA device!
Init DRAM ok.
[0] Wait device re-init...
[0] Found.
AMBA_USB_Simple_Response1 failed.

Any advise on this please.

mine came with this message too:

AMBA_USB_Simple_Response1 failed

Back