0806 screen and shut off switch

Genoid

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I finally settled on the 0806. I ordered it through SpyTec, installed it yesterday afternoon and took it out for a test today.

Tonight I took the camera off its mount to view the footage in the house. When I turned the unit on, the screen showed the car it normally displays on start up. The screen then went white. I have tried turning it off, but the Power switch has no effect. The screen remains on and it is still white.

While setting the time date stamp and inputting other information, the camera body seemed a bit warm. I have not yet hooked up the direct power feed and have therefore unplugged the utility charger plug when the camera was not in use.

During the drive, I checked some of the footage and the clips seemed to be limited to 30 or so seconds when viewed on the small screen. I was planning to download the footage to see if anymore was available. Unfortunately I can't do that now.?

I will contact SpyTec tomorrow and get some technical advice. In the meantime, do any of you have any suggestions? Any ideas as to why the screen went white and the Power switch has ceased working?

you can press and hold the power button for about 20 seconds to get it to reset, if it won't respond just wait until the battery goes flat and you'll probably find it starts working again

if you have motion detect turned on in the menu turn it off

you can press and hold the power button for about 20 seconds to get it to reset, if it won't respond just wait until the battery goes flat and you'll probably find it starts working again

if you have motion detect turned on in the menu turn it off

Thanks. Tried holding it down for several seconds with no luck. I'll try again for 20.

Back