0806 with auto start stop

Nonowt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mini 0806
Hi all, I'm new here and hope someone can help. I've hard wired my 0806 intovmy mazda6 to a circuit that supply's power only with ignition on however at junctions the car has auto start stop and turnscoff the engine. At this point the camera is also turning off then back on when engine restarts. I've also recently noticed that occasionally when it start it displays USB connected and doesn't record until it is turned off and back on again.

Any suggestions please

choose a different circuit, they don't shut the whole car down, things like the radio stay on
That would be fine however already looked at that except the radio system is permanently live for 20min after ignition killed. This allows radio to be used without ignition. Also found I got more of the USB connected messages on this circuit

when engine restarts.
You will find this in many vehicles that don't auto stop the engine, including mine. When it turns over the engine the voltage drops very low and things stop working/reset. Just the way it is.
However a vehicle with auto engine start/stop should be designed to eliminate this problem. Seems that yours wasn't.

how does the power from your 12v lighter outlet behave? chances are that you can splice into that circuit (or use that fuse to tap) and it should behave as a conventional car would.

Back