Hello, thanks for asking. The WiFi apps have that "wow" factor and excitement at first, but once that wears off, it's all about image quality and night performance. The IMX322 Sony Sensor is quite good at night, and I was told a new trick was just discovered that will possibly boost night performance for all Panorama products even futher in the future. (hint was dropped recently)

Pier28 is shipping all X2 with stable firmware 1.01.09 until the next stable 1.02.xx is released.

CPL is optional and not included.
https://shop.pier28.com/index.php/accessories/v-2-0-cpl-filter-for-panorama-x2-s-g.html

To answer your question, I don't see the logic in sacrificing bitrate and image detail for the occasional wifi transfer. (which is slower than direct) You can always get a OTB microSD card reader for your mobile device when on the go. A computer is the best way to mass edit/view files via www.dashcamviewer.com (PiP now included) or www.registratorviewer.com

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:

Last edited:
Those are the wrong full size SD memory cards which are only used in the Panorama S and G. The Panorama X1 and Panorama X2 uses microSD cards. It's good that you are going to get higher performance spec cards though. 600x Lexar is the way to go, just get the microSD version.

Just because you asked and are doing so much research, I'll throw one of these SG OTG card readers in if you get the X2. (they are normally bundled with the SGZC12SG, aka Panorama G)
vlBUsiC.png

This will work with your Google Nexus. :) (microUSB connector)

Last edited:
I'd avoid the LK-7950 for now. It has a known issue when there is a lot of detail in the video (trees for example), the unit has recording errors. I sent mine back and am switching to the X2.

Picture quality wise nothing matches the X2 yet and this issue with the Lukas not writing chunks of video on the latest firmware is pretty severe.

I run my X2 with Lexar 633x 64GB cards and was very happy with firmware 1.02.04

The BlackVue needs custom firmware to really perform properly and you have extra expense on top of the camera to get hold of that

The Lukas does have some good features I'd like to see on the X2 like the ability to adjust the video for rear privacy glass, but they need to sort the software out

and this issue with the Lukas not writing chunks of video on the latest firmware is pretty severe.

The X2 suffers from a similar thing.. Haven't mentioned it before as i am waiting for new firmware to see if resolved.

Running 1.01.09, several times now i have gotten in the car to go to work, only to find that parking folder for front camera is empty. No recordings... and always the front camera.
Have tried different SD cards with same results.

I've got to admit I run with 1.02.04 and Lexar 633x cards and parking mode video seems to work fine - what you're seeing there is a side effect of the BDP issues corrupting exFAT on 1.01.09 - usually if you put the card into a PC and run chkdsk and then pop it back in camera you'll find it will record again - worst case a power cycle sorts it. The 1.02.04 firmware was the best I've had the X2 yet personally although I know a lot of people with Transcend cards have issues which is why 1.01.09 suits those better.

I'm testing 1.02.05 with the Lexar cards at the moment and parking mode has been fine for me - I think Niko is testing with the Transcend cards as I don't have those but fingers crossed it will look better for you in the newer versions.

Last edited:
For Panorama X2 v1.02.05 we need minimum 1 week, best if to take 2-3 weeks constant monitoring in order to make final conclusion of whether bugs has been resolved.

what you're seeing there is a side effect of the BDP issues corrupting exFAT on 1.01.09 - usually if you put the card into a PC and run chkdsk and then pop it back in camera you'll find it will record again

Not so sure about that ( exFAT corruption )... I don't take the cards out and i don't do a power cycle.
Once i've reached my destination and i turn the car off, parking mode starts working\recording again all by itself.

This issue only manifests itself when x2 boots up after being off ( shutdown ) all night.
I have parking timer set at 6hrs.

Wasn't seeing this with 1.02.04 .

For Panorama X2 v1.02.05 we need minimum 1 week, best if to take 2-3 weeks constant monitoring in order to make final conclusion of whether bugs has been resolved.

So how long has it been so far ? :p

Can i beta test ? :D I have two x2's that i can test on..

Definitely take the time testing. Im really tired of this fixed/not fixed nonsense.

Can i beta test ? :D I have two x2's that i can test on..

I'll send a PM.

Definitely take the time testing. Im really tired of this fixed/not fixed nonsense.

We won't release this one until its proven good. So far so good now that they were able to reproduce the problem in the lab. The fix was specific and not just an educated guess this time around.

So far, the X2 looks the best,
However, i am wondering if i the Android Apps and Wifi available in the other 2 dual cam models is worth the downgrade in the bitrate.
Also, If i get the X2 from Pier28's site, does it come with CPL + latest stable firmware?

Thanks!

I've owned a Finvu CR2000G, Blackvue DR750LW-2CH and now Panorama X2.

X2 has the VERY best day and night image (nice and clear, bright, not grainy, 15mb selectable bitrate and lower ). Has external GPS and built-in battery discharge protection but no Wifi, No voice commands. :oops: Still has some firmware issues. Best no nonsense camera, straight to business (high quality video recording). Top quality A+++ support!

The Blackvue DR750LW-2CH has lots of features, built-in WiFi, Android app, Wifi video download and playback! WiFi firmware updates. Not a gimmick at all. :D
The Blackvue has super excellent day images, but it had terrible night images, very dark with no WDR (wide dynamic range). Also, low bit rates. (Although, I would go back to this camera in a second if they fixed the low light image problems and upped the bitrate.) External GPS and built-in battery discharge protection. Solid working firmware and also English voice commands. Best overall camera. Excellent feature set.

Never owned a Lukas.

I loved my Finevu CR2000G - Very bright low light images (has WDR), but lots of video noise. The night images were terrible and looked like a watercolor painting, plus low bit rate. The Finevu has high-end quality construction. It looks and feels like a retail handheld digital camera. Nice brushed aluminum finish. Plus I loved the LDWS (lane departure warning system). Built-in GPS but no built-in battery discharge protection. Solid working firmware and also English voice commands. However, continued English firmware support is almost non existent. Hard to find. Best high-end quality camera, but support sucks.

Back