119S Problems Questions

Tango

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi everyone, I am new here today. I joined hoping you guys can help me out with some problems I am having.
I actually own 2 cameras VIOFO 119 and VIOFO 119S for my cars. On BOTH of them I can't get all of the settings to save.
I don't want the screensaver on at all. I like watching the live video. Silly I know but I like that lol
The camera video resolution won't save. Time and date will save and some others will save.
I set them up properly and the settings just won't save. Every time the cameras start up I have to redo the settings again. I did have 64GB cards in them and thought it might be that; so I changed to 32GB as per manual and that didn't work either. I haven't updated either of them to the newest firmware yet. On the 119s I wasn't sure If I had to do it gradually or just do the newest one? On the 119 it says to update to ? and then update to the newer one.
I bought them in 2016 and just started to use them...they sat in the boxes until now....I was to lazy to run the wires lol
This is so annoying I'm about ready to throw theses down the block!
I am pretty smart on electronics so I know I'm not doing anything wrong with the programming and I am saving them properly as far as I know.
They just won't save?? Any help will be appreciated!
Thanks!

When changing the settings, be sure that you are pressing the ! (Emergency lock button) after each setting change. If you simply change a setting then press Menu to exit, the setting won’t hold.

Ok tried it out and I think it's finally working! I only did the one 119S in the house but it seems to be holding.
I am going to do the 119 in the car. I'll let you know.
BIG Thanks!

UPDATE- Thanks so much it's working now.
It's stupid that it isn't in the instructions; any normal person would assume
that they had to press Menu button to keep the settings. Just because where the "OK" is located.
However it does say the Emergency button is "Emergency/Confirm"

Thanks Again!

Last edited:
Back