128GB thinkware sd card

Hello everybody,
It's Gabriele from Italy here. :)
I have 2x TW F800 Pro (w/rear) on my car, and i bought 2x 128GB Samsung EVO Plus microSD cards that were faulty: the dashcams runs into an infinite loop as they try to format them, going always on reboot. Had to put back the original ones 16GB. The SanDisk Extreme Pro 128GB, microSDXC Class 10 U3 V30 A1 are fully compatibles with videos/recordings/pics and everything the cams need to store? They are correctly recognized? The original TW cards are not available yet in 128GB size. Thanks for your answers!!! ;)

Yes they are. Make sure you format on a windows computer and load the software from Thinkware into the SD card before putting it in the camera. Once the camera restore with the new SD card then you can format via the F800

The only card that will consistently work with the F800 at the moment is the Samsung Evo; it has the orange label and part number MB-MP128DA/EU
(Replace 128 if you want a lesser size).

Don’t go for the Evo+, Pro or Pro+ as they don’t seem to work.

The only card that will consistently work with the F800 at the moment is the Samsung Evo; it has the orange label and part number MB-MP128DA/EU

Indeed. Bought 2x MB-MC128GA/EU Samsung EVO Plus 128GB and they don't work. But they have same UHS-I U3 class as the original Thinkware's.
Tried to search for the MB-MP128DA/EU but it's difficult to find out...

Yes they are. Make sure you format on a windows computer and load the software from Thinkware into the SD card before putting it in the camera. Once the camera restore with the new SD card then you can format via the F800

Thanks. Doing this means i have to:
1) Format the SanDisk cards on a Windows PC
2) Take out the Thinkware original SD from the dashcam and transfer the whole content into the new one
3) Put the new SanDisk microSD on the F800 Pro, let it recognize the card and then re-format with the specific button on the device

It's correct?

Thanks

Thanks. Doing this means i have to:
1) Format the SanDisk cards on a Windows PC
2) Take out the Thinkware original SD from the dashcam and transfer the whole content into the new one
3) Put the new SanDisk microSD on the F800 Pro, let it recognize the card and then re-format with the specific button on the device

It's correct?

Thanks
No problem and not you’re incorrect.
1. First you format card on windows computer, make sure you format to the right format.
2. From your windows PC go to this website:
http://us.thinkware.com/main/frame.php?page=support&sub=12
3. Select your Camera: 35222B6F-B4FB-4F03-8482-11D33F2765DC.png 4. Select Firmware and your country:A2EC87B4-3280-4A05-899D-8DEA4DC1D7E4.png5. Download the firmware:36214072-38A9-48BB-BF70-B0A3B1A1C094.png
6. Unzip the files and drop them into the SD Card.
7. Once transferred, eject the SD Card and inserted into your Camera. ⚠️ Warning!!!
8. Before inserting the SD Card, make sure your car is ON. So that full power is going into the Camera. Your thinkware will update and reset all settings. Might take some time. It was about 5 minutes for me. It’ll tell you once the the reset/ or update is done..
The F800/Pro will then recognize your SD card and you should be able to format from the thinkware Camera from then on.
Hope this helps...

Alternatively, while you have your original card in your camera, from the Thinkware Cloud App navigate to Settings > Support > Firmware Download - select F800PRO and download.

Connect to your camera via Hotspot, the camera will recognise the new firmware and run the update. It takes about 1 min but should be no more than 5.

Once complete, with Car and cam on, eject the old card and insert the new then hold the Format button for a couple of seconds. It will confirm format complete.

Touch wood my 128 SD Lexar 633x micro SD card (Made in Korea) have been in service for 1 week and no issues so far.

My 128 GB Lexar 633x micro SD card just died yesterday. I guess I will look somewhere else for high quality memory cards.

This information is from a Thinkware Authorised Reseller here in the UK.

1. First you format card on windows computer, make sure you format to the right format.
3. Select your Camera: View attachment 34834 4. Select Firmware and your country:View attachment 348355. Download the firmware:View attachment 34836
7. Once transferred, eject the SD Card and inserted into your Camera. [emoji615]️ Warning!!!
8. Before inserting the SD Card, make sure your car is ON. So that full power is going into the Camera. Your thinkware will update and reset all settings. Might take some time. It was about 5 minutes for me. It’ll tell you once the the reset/ or update is done..
The F800/Pro will then recognize your SD card and you should be able to format from the thinkware Camera from then on.
Hope this helps...

I did not do this with my Sandisk extreme. I just put it in while my car is on and it’s been working 100% for a couple weeks with no problems. No format or anything. Also I do not have the Pro model. I almost have a weeks retention of video on my 128 Sandisk card. It appears most of your above steps assume his camera isn’t connected via hotspot and is aimed at uploading the latest firmware via SD vs. getting the update OTA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I did not do this with my Sandisk extreme. I just put it in while may car is on and it’s been working 100% for a couple weeks with no problems. No format or anything. Also I do not have the Pro model. I almost have a weeks retention of video on my 128 Sandisk card. It appears most of your above steps assume his camera isn’t connected via hotspot and is aimed at uploading the latest firmware via SD vs. getting the update OTA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Correct, it appears that Gabriweb is having trouble formatting his SD card via camera. I also read that maybe that camera was formatted previously via Linux system. So my suggestions would be to avoid any file corruption in the SD card to format and load firmware files via windows so that the SD card can be use. I didn’t have any trouble with my Sandisk card as well but if anyone if having SD card issues then they should follow the steps I provided to see if that would correct this issue.

Thanks for sharing this insight about Samsung Evo.

Has anyone here ever tried the Samsung Evo, part number MB-MP128DA/EU

Thanks

Thanks for sharing this insight about Samsung Evo.

Has anyone here ever tried the Samsung Evo, part number MB-MP128DA/EU

Thanks

I have the MB-MP128DA/EU in one of my cars and an a MB-MP64DA/EU in the other - these are the Samsung Evo - both are running perfectly.

They are an older model now so getting hard to source. Don’t be fooled by the £20-£30 cards on UK eBay as they are fakes.

3. Select your Camera: View attachment 34834 4. Select Firmware and your country:View attachment 348355. Download the firmware:View attachment 34836
7. Once transferred, eject the SD Card and inserted into your Camera. ⚠️ Warning!!!
Hope this helps...

Hi Edwin8484,

I own F800Pro Hardwire Kit that came with 32Gb card.
I had also purchased SanDisk Extreme V30 A1 128Gb. Gone through all the procedures above but no luck. Still the message "Card Error - Card needs to be formatted ..." I formatted in the device too but ending up with the same over and over again.

Could you please clarify your instructions as per bellow.

"1. First you format card on windows computer, make sure you format to the right format."
1.1 Does it matter what Windows is used and what did you use when successful?
I tried Win 7.
1.2 What is the right format (exFAT or FAT32).
My SanDisk came formatted to exFAT, while the Thinkware MicroSD card was formatted to FAT32 so I formatted the SanDisk to FAT32 allocation cluster 32kb
1.3 Did you use the standard Windows 7 formatting facility or a third party more advanced formatting software. I even tried EaseUS Partition Master, which did not make any difference. Then I tried to copy all the files over from the Thinkware 32Gb SD card, still no luck. Next I tried to clone the Thinkware on to the SanDisk and this completely buggered the SanDisk, which is now in the bin.
"8. Before inserting the SD Card, make sure your car is ON. So that full power is going into the Camera. Your thinkware will update and reset all settings. Might take some time. It was about 5 minutes for me. It’ll tell you once the the reset/ or update is done.."
8.1 I had no card in the device when started the car, placing the prepped up as above SanDisk just triggered the message of "Card Error ..."
8.2 My device was already updated to the latest Firmware so no update is really due.

I am now going to try my luck with Samsung Evo card as reccomended by Samuelh_888.

I am sure your input would be much appreciated by many.

I have the MB-MP128DA/EU in one of my cars and an a MB-MP64DA/EU in the other - these are the Samsung Evo - both are running perfectly.

They are an older model now so getting hard to source. Don’t be fooled by the £20-£30 cards on UK eBay as they are fakes.

Thanks samuelh_888,

I have now committed as per your recommendation, paid £46.52 from Amazon, hope it is genuine.

Are you able to share with us the steps you have taken for initializing the Samsung card.

Last edited:
I bought the Samsung 128GB 100MB/s (U3) MicroSD EVO Select Memory Card with Adapter (MB-ME128GA/AM) and it's working well in my Thinkware F800PRO. I'm recording both front & rear cameras and after 5 days I'm not seeing any recording issues. That was enough to fill the card so that it's recycling space and still able to keep up with recording.

The camera supports U1, but U3 is backwards compatible so the memory card fully supports the fastest speeds the camera can write and it supports even faster speeds for computer transfers if the computer supports the faster speed.

So does the Thinkware 128gb card work in the F770?

OR

Are there any cheaper cards that now work?

This is incorrect.. I have a 64GB Samsung Evo Plus card and it works perfectly in the F800.

This is the card I have to be exact:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsun...dxc-uhs-i-memory-card/5785404.p?skuId=5785404

Have not tried a 128GB card yet but may do so when I get around to adding a rear camera to the setup..

I’m going by what 2x Authorised UK Thinkware Distributors have told me so I’ll go with what they say. I’m not going to spend £50 on a card that doesn’t work so I’ll stick with their advice for now.

I’m going by what 2x Authorised UK Thinkware Distributors have told me so I’ll go with what they say. I’m not going to spend £50 on a card that doesn’t work so I’ll stick with their advice for now.
Just passing along real world usage info so people looking to see what works in the camera can have legit information.

I don't doubt you were told that but it's either bogus info or I have a magical card..

Back