12V USB adapter and cable

budster

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, the A119 comes with a 12V dual USB adapter and mini USB to USB cable. I like this setup and am thinking to use it for a SG9665GC which comes with 12V plug and mini USB cable in one piece. Does anyone know if the A119's USB adapter and cable are sold separately from the dashcam? I could not find any such ebay listing for this. Of course, I could just buy any generic 12V USB adapter and mini USB to USB cable, but I was just checking if I could buy the ones that comes with the A119 for convenience.

By the way on the dual USB adapter that comes with the A119, does anyone know the power rating for each port? It looks like it is a 3.2A adapter, but not sure which port is supplying 1A and which is supplying 2.2A as there's no labels around the ports.

By the way on the dual USB adapter that comes with the A119, does anyone know the power rating for each port? It looks like it is a 3.2A adapter, but not sure which port is supplying 1A and which is supplying 2.2A as there's no labels around the ports.
any USB port from the supplied adapter (1A or 2.1A) would fit 1A amperage requirements for A119.

any USB port from the supplied adapter (1A or 2.1A) would fit 1A amperage requirements for A119.

Right, but it would be nice to know which port has the higher amp rating in case I want to use it to charge my phone or something else at the same time.

:)
that's I don't know yet. I use Bestek for any extra power I need and power banks for my 2 cameras.

Right, but it would be nice to know which port has the higher amp rating in case I want to use it to charge my phone or something else at the same time.
tested the cigarette lighter adapter that comes with A119.
I used 50% depleted power bank and iPhone 5s charged at 100% (but still could draw 0.33A).
when I had only power bank connected to an adapter it draws about 1.55A from any USB port. if I connect my iPhone to a second port, the power bank draw increases to about 1.8A. the same power bank connected to a wall charger at home draws about 1.8A.
I tried to connect to an adapter (any port) my iPhone first, than a power bank, and the picture was still the same.
seems like if you have connected 2 devices to an adapter it provides in total more amperage. :)

Back