2.7" LCD 1080P HD In Car DVR Video Recorder HD Accident Camera Night Vision CCTV

shamusy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all,new to the forum,looking for help.bought a couple of these recently
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251603597154
has anyone else got these?,it says motion detection,but i cant work out how to set it?,my car only has power to cig lighter when started up,so it kicks in and records ok,but i was hoping to set them up so when power off,they go into standby mode using internal battery and into motion detection to capture pics of anyone near my car at night.not sure if they have to be permently powered,but if so there dont seem any point in motion detection setting?,any help or info is appriciated,thanks

Welcome shamusy.
Internal battery is only there to finish last recording in the corrent mannor in case of a crash where the cam loose its regular power supply.
It will only last for a fjew minutes at best, and as they are lipo batteries extreme temperatures can cause them to catch fire, so in general we dont recomend them in the car all the time, and we allso dont recomend then for longer periods of use as drainage and charge at the same time is not good.

Allso usioally the IR leds blind the camera as they reflect off the windscreen, and they allso dont seem to have longer range than the ned of your bonnet.

Normally motion detect is just a on/off option in the menus of dashcams, and then there usioally allso is a sesnetivety setting ( low/med/high )

Allso event triggered recordings in dashcams like motion detected or G-sensor triggered events can not be deleted by the camera as part of its automatin routine of deleting the oldest files when the memory card get full.
To delete files like that you have to do that via the camera meny or on the computer with the SD card in a card reader ( or if the camera can then it plugged into your computer with a USB wire.

Only 1 good thing to guard your car at home, and thats what i have, a proper 1080P CCTV camera thats build for 24/7/365 function in all weather.

O and this is filmed in a pitch black yard, but the many high power IR lights on my camera turn night into day.

... it says motion detection,but i cant work out how to set it ... motion detection to capture pics of anyone near my car at night.
Welcome to DCT. Forget about motion detection. This feature doesn't work well on cheap DashCams. The internal battery won't power the camera for long. To record when parked, leave it in loop-recording mode & use an external power bank to power it.

Even with good street lighting, you're not likely to record much at night with the camera you've chosen. Still, any dashcam is better than none.

Motion detection works well on my dashcam...so well that I dont use it! I suppose I will eventually find a use for it, but so far I keep the motion detection off.

Yes full frame motion detect do create a lot of recordings, actually any little thing moving in front of camera generate a recording.
I would never use motion detect on a dashcamera, but i might use G-sensor while parked some time in the future.

Back