Best video quality 1080p60 right now?

bronze84

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Thinkware F750, K1S, Marcus3, Mobius, Xiaomi Yi, Sony AS100v
Hi guys, as the above suggests, i'm after another cam, I need a 1080p with 60fps with video quality (day & night) being the most important feature.

Which would you all say is currently the best right now? Price isn't an issue

Cheers
Martin

The joovuu X-cam do have a 60 FPS setting, and it will maintain 60 FPS at night where some other will trottle back to 30 FPS to be able to capture good night footage.
BUT ! at the moment ( just released ) the X-cam dont have best night footage ( on unlit roads and thats my mesurment for night footage )
In a town with the ambient light there is in such a location the X-cam is just about as good as any other good dashcam, but when you hit those back roads with only the light off your car headlights well then the X-cam drop off in performance compared to cameras that do really good in that situation.

Allso be advised no matter the FPS used at night, and what other brand or price you pay for your new dashcam, night footage or even just footage made on a day with low light ( one of those famour British grey days ) capturing things like a licenceplate as it pass by on a moving car or for that matter a parked car you drive past will be problematic to say it in a nice way.

This is a issue of the current generation hardware thats in use by dashcam / action camera makers, and it will not change in any way worth mentioning before they get much more light sensetive CMOS chips to use in ther products.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply,

I've been reading about the Joovuu X, I'm unsure as yet whether to pull the trigger with it. Night time footage isn't such an issue it is more daytime. So would you say the 'X' has the best 1080p60 video quality at the moment?

I dont have personal experience with any other dash or action camra that can do 1080/60.
I am happy i was selected as one of the testers for the X-camera, cuz for a good while i have been wanting a action camera that will do 60 FPS so i am able to slow my footage down a little in post production.
I can do that now, or rather i cant cuz i can not find the CD with my pinnacle studio software and movie maker dont support 60 FPS, at least not as a output, and it allso dont support the larger than 1080 resolutions the X-camera allso can do.
And to compile my personal problems suddenly i am no longer able to find a job if i need one, and so i am not able to buy anything, i even have to go into my savings every month just to feed myself and keep a roof over my head,,,,, and keep the Suzuki Splash car i got 3 years ago.

Video resolution , look at the spec's for the Dome D201

Back