2 Cars; 2 Good Cameras or 1 Great and Switch?

Your probably right.
Was torn between the blacksys & the mobius as a reasonable priced cam.
I did consider the a118c by know a few car owners who have bought one recently & have had a few issues with quality & being dead on arrival.

Your probably right.
Was torn between the blacksys & the mobius as a reasonable priced cam.
I did consider the a118c by know a few car owners who have bought one recently & have had a few issues with quality & being dead on arrival.

All 3 named daschams are good in their own segment / price and it's all depends on each customer personal needs and purpose used. Most important with B40 is to buy from local reputable re-sellers with good warranty. With CF-100 there are not major failure reports and if form-factor is acceptable, then it's a great choice for the price. Mobius is proven over years to be one of the best universal dash- actioncams.

...but Amazon has mixed reviews....
With on-line reviews my policy is to ignore the 1-star and 5-star reviews and actually read the rest.

I read all of them but "understand" them, a 1 star review because the GPS unit wasn't in the box to me is forgettable, if there are 10 1 stars saying the unit is cheap plastic and all say one particular piece broke, I'll take that into account :)

I ordered anyway,a s you say for the price, it's definitely good value. It will suffice for the car so this will be a test run. My other car in the title is actually a van and that needs to be clearer so might go a different route.

I watched a lot of youtube side by side videos and even compared to the GoPro this CF100 has very clear number plate recognition even if a little dark compared so some others.

Ok it arrived today, picture quality really isn't that great, anything over 10m or 10mph and the number plate is useless. But it will do the job for seeing who crashed into what. So I'll keep at it.

I am having 2 problems though, just on the off chance anyone has any ideas;

1. The rear camera doesn't record. The unit starts with "2 channel recording started", but there are no rear video files. Cables checked, everything plugged in (the unit detects 2 channels!)
2. The date/time doesn't save. I've downloaded the latest software (now g sensor data doesn't show, it did in the old software)

Ok just checked and the unit does record the sensor data and the OLD software will show that data AND the rear camera footage! (second test, reconnected rear camera)

However, the new software does neither.
There are no independent rear camera video files
I see no way to extract only the rear camera footage (it pops up in a second optionless window alongside the main player)

Any ideas :)

I'm going to assume I've fixed the time issue. Will test again tomorrow

Back