Is there a 360 degree security setup for classic cars?

novajeff

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a '70 Nova that I treat as a daily driver and would like to add some peace of mind so I can park her outside and such.

This places some limitations on the dash cam requirements:
No big screen/camera assembly. The screen should be detachable so it can be hidden away, or just a straight-to-phone interface.
Stealthy camera placement so as not to ruin the aesthetic.
Weather proof would be a huge plus, so I could stash them in the grill or bumpers. Plenty of nooks and crannies to get creative with.

In short, I need a 4-cam system that is super low-profile, and that I can rig up to portable batteries for unsupervised parking.
Perfectly happy (in fact probably prefer) to set it up as a DIY system, working of an RPi. Would also like to wire the rear cam into the reverse lights.

Are there any systems or completed projects that address this low-key, 360 degree cam setup? Any and all help is appreciated.

I use 2 Viofo A 139 that come with 4 cameras in total so I get a 360ish degree coverage. They have no screen and I can see the live view of all 4 or my cameras at the same time on my phone. The dash cam does have a low profile but they are not water proof so they are all mounted inside. Front and back have a classic setup while the sides are mounted on the side windows closest to the trunk. I power them using my car battery however if you want them to run for more than 24h you might need an additional portable power bank. I went with the A139 because they can both connect at the same time to my home wifi network or my phone's hotspot. Most dash cams do not do that. To be able to see all 4 camera perspectives simultaneously on my phone I have an app called Birds ai view. It captures their video stream displays it and records it to my phone. It also does person detection in the video it receives and sends me notifications when someone gets too close to the car. The app is from Google app store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.unicordia.dc_free

I use 2 Viofo A 139 that come with 4 cameras in total so I get a 360ish degree coverage. They have no screen and I can see the live view of all 4 or my cameras at the same time on my phone. The dash cam does have a low profile but they are not water proof so they are all mounted inside. Front and back have a classic setup while the sides are mounted on the side windows closest to the trunk. I power them using my car battery however if you want them to run for more than 24h you might need an additional portable power bank. I went with the A139 because they can both connect at the same time to my home wifi network or my phone's hotspot. Most dash cams do not do that. To be able to see all 4 camera perspectives simultaneously on my phone I have an app called Birds ai view. It captures their video stream displays it and records it to my phone. It also does person detection in the video it receives and sends me notifications when someone gets too close to the car. The app is from Google app store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.unicordia.dc_free
This is great! Was looking for something like this and not ridiculously expensive. Thanks.

Back