2 channels systems for pickup trucks

Greg Smith

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm looking for a 2 channel system to go into a pick up truck. I'm concerned about putting the second camera in the back window because it will be recording the bed of my truck instead of the road. I would like something that mounts on the license plate frame but I don't see any of these systems with include weatherproof rear cameras.

Thoughts?

Welcome to forum.
Wait few more days. Street Guardian will have some solution for you.

Edit: It's going to be mini-size external waterproof camera with Sony Exmor CMOS recording at 1080p / 30Fps.

Last edited:
JADO D690 , Front and Rear camera , rear waterproof camera

Actually BlackVue have it (DR650GW-2CH Truck) but bulky. The rear cam is weatherproof but big in size. meant for heavy vehicle.

yeah, this is also an interesting solution with 1080p Front and 720p Rear camera, however as you mentioned - rear camera is bulky, but will suit for big trucks ( I have seen many similar rear / reversing cameras installed on trucks ). Also they have a low bit-rate as well.

JADO D690 , Front and Rear camera , rear waterproof camera

What are the specification of front and rear camera ( video resolution / bit-rate ) ?

I'm looking for a 2 channel system to go into a pick up truck. I'm concerned about putting the second camera in the back window because it will be recording the bed of my truck instead of the road. I would like something that mounts on the license plate frame but I don't see any of these systems with include weatherproof rear cameras.

Thoughts?

Everyone has their preferences I suppose. I drive a pick-up with four camera coverage, including the rear of course and I like having coverage of the bed viewed from the rear window for two reasons. Firstly, it covers both sides of the truck and the road behind me while I'm driving which I find is quite valuable for potential side impacts and for capturing license plates and details of cars next to me in the adjacent lanes. In addition, running my rear camera when I am parked and away from my vehicle provides excellent surveillance coverage of the cargo in the bed.

mobius-rear.jpg

rear2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the sample images. That's something to think about.

Back