2 questions about the use of the Git2 camera.

Drifter

Reaction score
Country
United States
So far so good with the camera however i have 2 questions hopefully someone can answer.

1. I set the Menu Button Function to gyro so I can turn it on and off easily. However I cannot figure out how to use it. I assume the menu button is the button on the right side and when I press that, I get a menu or if I hold it, wifi comes up. At no time does the orange hand go away (gyro off). Let me know what I am doing wrong please.

2. the G-Sensor. Is that for car mode meaning when in car mode it will start to record with a certain level of vibration or does it record in any mode when g-sensor is enabled.

Thanks

I'm not sure on number one but for 2,g sensor will kick a file while recording to prevent it from being overwritten. It moves it to a separate folder on the SD card. The camera has to be recording for the g sensor to do anything. So yes, it's pretty much only for car use... "Proper" use of an action camera will set off the g sensor constantly if you're having lots of action, right? :D

For the #1 question, if you enabled the Gyro on via the menu button function option, you can short press the Wi-Fi/Menu button to quick enable/disable the Gyro while recording.
While there is no movement, the Gyro icon will becoming white.

The Gyro can be enabled via Menu button only when video is recording, I hope this will be included in updated manual. If you just want to turn On or Off the gyro using Menu button, just start a recording for few seconds. I can do this in one second, already. ;)

About G-Sensor, @Gibson99 is right.

About this thread, the title is not nice because is not telling anything to anybody. Usually I am not reading these threads with generic titles like Help, Question, Problem but I saw @gitup was here.
I hope you can edit the title and give it a correct name, all this forum is about questions and answers. :oops:

enjoy,
Mtz

Yes, it is OK.

enjoy,
Mtz

The Gyro can be enabled via Menu button only when video is recording, I hope this will be included in updated manual. If you just want to turn On or Off the gyro using Menu button, just start a recording for few seconds. I can do this in one second, already. ;)

About G-Sensor, @Gibson99 is right.

About this thread, the title is not nice because is not telling anything to anybody. Usually I am not reading these threads with generic titles like Help, Question, Problem but I saw @gitup was here.
I hope you can edit the title and give it a correct name, all this forum is about questions and answers. :oops:

enjoy,
Mtz

Better title :rolleyes:

For the #1 question, if you enabled the Gyro on via the menu button function option, you can short press the Wi-Fi/Menu button to quick enable/disable the Gyro while recording.

Thank you.. I did not try it while recording, just idle. Works fine now!

Drifter

Gitup: An online comprehensive manual available at your web site, like Sony and Gopro, would be awesome for new Git 2 owners!

Gitup: An online comprehensive manual available at your web site, like Sony and Gopro, would be awesome for new Git 2 owners!
We are working on doc.gitup.com, but not finished yet, if someone want to work with us together, please let me know.
As we are working on some new products, someone who helped can have chance to get the new product first.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Git2 1
D Git2 1
P Git2 6
S Git2 10
S Git2 20
Back