#2 roadtrip video from Denmark.

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
Had to visit my old mother today, but i took a new route home so i was able to compile another video.
Weather is perfect and things are starting to turn green, allmost make me break out the fishing gear and go hunt some trout on the coast.

This video take you south out of my home town Randers, and then west towards the small town Ans where my mother live.
Hope the windscreen reflections dont bother you too much, i have removed my CPL experiment from the Street Guardian SG9665GC.

Nice drive. Landscape at first looked familiar. Flat, rolling hills, slow flowing river. Then you wrote Bjerringbro and Grundfos pumps. That's where I was. Plant look much newer and bigger now.
Thanks for the memories.

Great to see another Dane with a dashcam. Nice video too, by the way. :)

Youtube dont want to play ball with my footage, the raw stuff look much better, even after i have mixed it up a little.
Dunno if it is the 8X speed that confuse the google servers, next time i will try to use other software to handle the footage in house.
But i have to speed it up or no sane person would watch the +1 hour footage :D

BUT as we all know youtube sure dont make things better ;)

THX Deaned. I have been recording for a fjew years now, Im up here in Randers, and down in Århus there is Dansktrafik ( youtube name )
And in / around Copenhagen we have Petrea67 ( allso youtube name )

Not sure if they are in here too both of them.

It seems we've got most of the country covered then, @kamkar1, as I record in South-Eastern Jutland (and upload under "Dashcam Denmark" on YouTube in case you were wondering); we still miss some of Jutland, Funen, most of Zealand and Bornholm to have all regions covered, though I hope we'll get there some day. :D
--
Usually, when you make footage play at faster speeds, I've noticed that I too lose some quality, but I think it also depends on what software you use in the end and what setting more importantly. I had the same problem as you before I figured out how to change the settings for bitrate and such in Movie Maker and, later, Lightworks.

I lived & worked nearby Randers over 18y ago. I can see its still same old nice and quiet town. Maybe only some new retail shops and newer cars on the streets. Other than that some parts of it are familiar to me from my memories. Hope I can visit it again one day.

Used registrator viewer for the 8X parts, and then inserted the 1X parts and text with movie maker.
Next time i will use pinnacle studio 18 for it all and see what happen, that is if i can figure out that program, a lot have happned with it since i used pinnacle studio 13.

I dont drive much these days, been sick and is jobless and live alone in far too big apartment :( damm frustrating, doctor say i am done working at the age of 49, my brain tell me i am 25, and my body tell me i am 65 :rolleyes:

kamkar1, where did you bought your mobius from? I'm trying to find a reliable source, and I really don't like ordering from outside EU due to the freaking post taxes and the warranty. I'm thinking of getting the mobius permanently installed in my car and I think it is the best bang for buck if modded. I want to leave it permanently installed but I live in a bad part of Aalborg (already getting an alarm for the car) and even something like the street guardian/ B40-A118 would get stolen here :)))

I got my mobius from joovuu in the UK https://www.joovuu.com/gb/42-mobius-cameras

Pretty bad here in Randers too, moved here when i sold my house, within 1 year my 4x4 got keyed along 1 side ( 2 days before i sold it ) and the replacement little car was only a fjew months old when it got the window in R front door broken.
Still have not have anything stolen from car, but i now have a 1080p CCTV camera on the car where its parked.

Most stealthy dashcam aside from the little mobius & innovv cameras is the Street Guardian SGZ12RC / panorama X1, they have a camera unit the size of a AA battery, and a much better hardware / performance than the other small cameras.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/sgzc12rc-review.11393/

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the reply. I've seen that joovuu have a lot of complaints against them recently.
Were I live there were around 4 break-ins in the parking lot (thankfully never my car as I don't have anything left in the car overnight) and 20+ cars got broken into every time, and due to the stupid law I can't install a CCTV camera in the parking lot and the manager of the building refuses to do so.
I would really like a dashcam just for recording some funny encounters, but I really don't want to give anyone any reason to brake into my car.
The ones that you recommended are nice, but the extra screen is something I really don't want. The mobius would be perfect for me as I can hide it inside the rain sensor housing and only have the lens outside via extension.

I am lucky i can park in the yard behind the apartment block, put my camera on the balcony overlooking the yard.

It is sad we have become a country that just have to live with break ins and vandalisem :oops: but then again i lost all respect for the law decades ago when i was 19 and my car got rammed by a drunken idiot, and the police dident want to come, or the passing cop cars stop for that matter.

Here is a recomended vendor list and a fjew of them is ebay shops, please note the huge size of this thread on RCgroups :cool: 1000+ pages
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1904559#post25170908

Choosing different routes when going out and going back home is exactly what I like to do on my road trips as well! Our reasoning seems to be very similar as well: to capture different roads for our road videos :)

I love that little detour you made toward the end of the video.

I was about to ask, "Are all those flat green landscape some kind of agricultural lands?" Then in the video, you gave the answer (most of them are farmlands). I am wondering, were there more trees around those areas in the past?

Choosing different routes when going out and going back home is exactly what I like to do on my road trips as well! Our reasoning seems to be very similar as well: to capture different roads for our road videos :)

I love that little detour you made toward the end of the video.

I was about to ask, "Are all those flat green landscape some kind of agricultural lands?" Then in the video, you gave the answer (most of them are farmlands). I am wondering, were there more trees around those areas in the past?

O yeah the whole country was more or less one big forrest at one time, but it gradually whent into making viking ships and warming ppls houses up, and build a firce navy which the English ended up stealing.
We was teaming up with the french, and the UK boys did not want our nice navy to side with frency, so they took or destroyed our navy and bombed Copenhagen, whitch i think was the first town or at least capitol to be bombed with rocket artillery.
And then came the agricultural revolution where most was put under the plow to a degree that the little "original" landscape we left have is mesured in a fjew football fields.
The topografi is for the most original, but the rolling hills are now covered in farmland.
It should be said that there is ongoing effords to undo some of the old mistakes, making bends in rivers again instead of strait canals - removing dams, and stopping pumps to let some reclaimed areas turn into swamp/marshlands again.
The marshes along some of the westcoast in Jutland is a major stop for many migrating birds on ther way to and from northern scandinavia, but a lot of it have been reclaimed in the old days.
All but 1 place the original salmon in the rivers is gone, and the 1 place where they did survive there was only a fjew handfull left to rescue.
For instance our largest river Gudenåen is now populated by hybrid salmon made with a mix of stock from the countries around us, and all the good spawning grounds in Gudenåen is still lost due to blocking of the river to drive mills and for water power.

I think in surface area we are still the most farmed country in the world.

Just zoom in on denmark using sattelite view, then you will see all fields and the forrests that is here is allso laid out in a unnatural way for the most.

Last edited:
thanks kamkar.. I will definitely look, a bit tight on cash now (got my new tire slashed a week ago so there goes 1600kr for a new one), but today I almost got rammed by a stupid girl who didn't stop for red... As I was passing on yellow it would of been hard to prove my innocence to the police.
Thankfully nothing happened, as I don't think my car's value is what I would like for it or what I've invested in it.

Back