2014 DOD LS460W Sony Exmor CMOS, ISO3200, F1.6, WDR, 3DNR, 5x GPS, HUD

Is that sensor actually bigger then?

Here's another video of the camera without any CPL - I took it off last night and that is currently fitted to the G90 for testing.

https://mega.co.nz/#!oQF2wAiS!2mGd2ou3R8sKF02avMlRISzzh7FiUJtkveYa_anyFDo

It's not exactly that hot here in the UK at 25c and the camera wasn't even sat in the sun all day which is why I'm even more surprised it's so bad.

Last edited:
I've agreed with DOD to try another one in case this one is faulty so we'll see how the next one performs :)

I tried to download the file but it stop downloding on 78%...
Any way what you say, take the LS460W?

It really is 50/50 to be honest so far. I'd definitely say try to get some raw footage downloaded so you can directly compare to what you're seeing now.

It's not the massive jump forwards the initial videos made it out to be but it's improved. More a small improvement rather than a large one.

It's swings and roundabouts with the daytime images - the one I've had is softer than the LS430W image I have and I'm having major focus issues in the heat so it's going back for a replacement to see if that does the same. If it does then DOD have agreed to refund my money.

I was going through a load of footage yesterday and found a video which I was really impressed with the clarity of but then realised it was 430W footage!

It's early days I guess and I've definitely learnt these things really aren't quite ready when they're released - looking back at the Panorama thread it was getting slated on the early firmwares and look at that now - it's rated as one of (if not the) best all rounders available currently.

If you don't suffer from bad reflections on the windscreen in your car then I think the LS460W would perform better for you than it does for me.

More footage from this one before it goes back from while it was behaving:

I have found that putting the aircon on full whack at freezing for 20 mins pointed up at the camera seems to settle it back down again - I'm really hoping this is just a dodgy unit and that they don't all have this problem! In my journey yesterday I've been through the footage and found that it got better, then worse all during the journey - it's got a mind of it's own this thing :)

I can tell you for sure that in my LS430W the video quality get blurred and without focus when is very hot and when the car parked in the sun.

I've swapped back to the 402G for now to see how that behaves in this heatwave we're having :)

I can understand the cheap clones using poor quality lenses but there's absolutely no excuse for the prices DOD charge to be using poor parts IMHO.

I should really buy another card and run them side by side for a bit :)

Well it's been a bit cooler here in the UK this weekend - around 20c and the LS460W has behaved a LOT better than before.

I think I'm overly harsh on dashcams as when I've viewed the footage I've captured against the new Panorama G footage I've got to admit I think this would win as it's sharper than a lot of the recent Panorama videos I've seen - that could also be the fact it's a much smaller field of view.

If they would just use a slightly better lens like the Panorama that didn't shift focus in heat then this would be a much better package than it currently seems to be, ie if it's not overly hot this is actually really good.

The footage without the CPL does seem to handle plates coming the other way better so as @-Pizdys- said the CPL does cause blur - even when the camera is reporting it's at an ISO of 50 which is weird. Possibly something in firmware that can be improved? Half of me wonders if the reported ISO is laggy or crap as I've got footage without any CPL where the ISO is reported as 50, yet they're too blurry to read any numberplates.

Here's some more footage from dusk / evening:

Some countryside daytime footage:

Some direct sunlight footage:

http://youtu.be/bfmMME6dWQM

An issue or two on the motorways here:
http://youtu.be/0VY45FbP-mc

You can see from the daytime ones how fast auto EV is working - it's more obvious by looking at the sky as it turns white when the cam has raised the brightness of the road to compensate for darkness.

OK I was just side by side reviewing some footage from my Seezeus GT680W (rear) and the LS460W and the difference as it is dusk / just before night time is amazing (a bad pun would be to say the difference is like night and day!)

And another of the same clips from earlier but footage from front and back to compare how they handle the same conditions (the front is obviously helped by headlights!):

out.php

Thanks for the information. It looks like DOD LS300W(AR0330)/LS360W(Sony Exmor) utilize the same TioTech A8S711KL processor but with different CMOS solution.

OK I was bored so had a quick look at various Sony sensors including the newer IMX123, IMX124, IMX136 or IMX174 (potentially a great match for a dash cam with huge pixels and twice the size of the IMX122). There's also now the IMX222LQJ which is a straight replacement.

Looking at @-Pizdys- photo here:

out.php

That looks very much like the IMX122LQJ in the Panorama

sony_imx-122_1.jpg

The IMX222 is also a possible candidate:
i_imx222_236_238lqj.jpg

The IMX123 is different:
i_imx123.jpg

The IMX124 is different:
i_imx124.jpg

The IMX136 is slightly different along the top:
i_imx136.jpg

The IMX174 looks totally different:
i_imx174.jpg

I'm not a betting man but that looks very much to be an IMX122LQJ or IMX222LQJ to me :) We need someone with a Panorama to sit the two side by side to see how they compare and if there are any obvious fingerprints in the recorded footage.

The new LS460W has landed here so I can do more testing now - I'm having a weekend away on the beer with the boys so not much progress going to happen until next week!

Last edited:
TioTech is silkscreened on top, they can't hide what's written in the code in the firmware
Actually does that mean you've gotten your hands on a firmware for these now then please mate?

Actually does that mean you've gotten your hands on a firmware for these now then please mate?
Not for this one sorry, the firmware for the previous models were decompiled by someone else

DOD is not the kind of product I'd ever have anything to do with

Got mine form DOD uk

there is my pics review:

Marcus 5 vs LS330W vs LS460W vs G1WH (with ls388W firmware)
the same light conditions, the same time and settings (default)

big comparison of the top 4 cameras on the market (1:1 scale):

out.php

out.php
is the Marcus 5 really bad or what? I am about to get it for a dual cam set up. But after looking at that, i am a bit hestiate

Back