2015 Nissan Altima = easy install

Number400

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Panorama S/CF-100/BulletHD Biker Mate
Just switched cars and pulled my two Panoramas and Power Magic Pro+ out to put in the Altima. Other than having to get new fuse taps for the mini fuses, it went great. What was wonderful was that the only two free fuse slots were custom made for the install. One was hot, one was accessory, so in 10 seconds, the wiring was done and they are on their own circuit.

The power wires literally disappeared into the various panels and crevices for a totally hidden install. I just need to figure out where I am going to stick the PMPP box in this car. I was thinking about getting fancy and ripping apart the PMPP box and building it into an empty dash switch but my finishing skills will probably fail me and it won't look good.

Anyway, the Altima is a breeze for hard wire dash cam installations.

Maybe we could get a category here for tips and tricks on specific car brands/models.

Just switched cars and pulled my two Panoramas and Power Magic Pro+ out to put in the Altima. Other than having to get new fuse taps for the mini fuses, it went great. What was wonderful was that the only two free fuse slots were custom made for the install. One was hot, one was accessory, so in 10 seconds, the wiring was done and they are on their own circuit.

The power wires literally disappeared into the various panels and crevices for a totally hidden install. I just need to figure out where I am going to stick the PMPP box in this car. I was thinking about getting fancy and ripping apart the PMPP box and building it into an empty dash switch but my finishing skills will probably fail me and it won't look good.

Anyway, the Altima is a breeze for hard wire dash cam installations.

Maybe we could get a category here for tips and tricks on specific car brands/models.

Could you be more specific regarding how you got the wires from the fuse box to the windshield area?
I'm planning to install one on my 2013 Altima and can't quite figure out how to get it done. The A pillar seems to be pretty tough to take off and would probably be even worse putting it back in.

Sure, just took some pictures for you. I just had a windshield replacement so the wire was pulled out of the pillar and put back in but not quite as tidy as the original install but you can see the routing better because of it.
20161006_104500.jpg 20161006_104530.jpg 20161006_104543.jpg 20161006_104600.jpg

Whoa, thanks for that one :). So you basically ran it around the bottom of the pillar and then up along the side of the windshield?

Yes, just pressed the wire into the gap, made the turn and then wedged it up between the pillar cover and windshield. When I got the new windshield, they told me to wait a few days before stuffing in the wire because the wet glue would permanently bond to the wire so I did not go as crazy stuffing it back in as I did when I got the car.

Looks great, gonna try it out on the weekend, thanks.

Back