2021 Climate Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the U2 planes do look rather flimsy, dont think it is geared for hits in any way, and a loss of control in thin air must be quicker to induce, and harder to recover from.

.....undetected by their radar! They didn't learn the lesson though, 9-11 still happened.

You are misrepresenting what actually happened, Nigel.

NORAD would not have been monitoring domestic commercial air traffic; that is the job of the FAA. When the four airliners were first hijacked, the hijackers turned off the transponders in each of the planes causing them to initially disappear from air traffic controller's screens. It was not immediately understood what was happening and it took time to determine that four separate aircraft had deviated from their flight plans. Once it was understood that multiple simultaneous hijackings had taken place the FAA notified NORAD who immediately scrambled jet fighters. However, at that point it was not clear what the hijackers intentions were. Usually airliner hijackings present a hostage situation, not a multi-aircraft suicide mission.

For scrambled jet fighters to shoot down commercial airliners full of hundreds of innocent passengers and crew members it requires the authorization of the President or Vice President of the United States. That authorization was given, but the first planes struck their targets only minutes later. Another issue involved in making that decision was that three of the planes were coming in at full throttle at low altitude over the highly populated urban centers of NYC and Washington D.C. where shooting down jet airliners would cause severe unpredictable collateral damage and additional loss of life. The fourth airplane, Flight 93 was still inbound towards either the US Capitol or the White House in Washington D.C. and it would have been taken out by the scrambled fighter jets but the heroic passengers onboard the plane who had learned the fate of the other aircraft via their cellphones took the initiative to overpower the hijackers and take down the airplane themselves over Shanksville, Pennsylvania.

This whole narrative of yours is apparently just another example of your recurring efforts to disparage the United States.

These exercises you feature were war games, which are designed to reveal weaknesses in military planning and strategies. They are not a competition, however you wish to present things.

Last edited:
At last, it is officially working, just in time to take our record wind power:

Unfortunately the cable to France turned into smoke, so we are no better off!

Global Offshore Wind conference and exhibition:

In terms of operational capacity, the UK retains its top spot at 10.4GW but China is catching up at 9.4GW and Germany stands at 7.7GW. Globally 35.3GW are fully operational.

Fully operational offshore wind capacity in MW:
gow_2021_operational.png

Total portfolio of offshore wind projects (operational + under construction + planned) in MW:
gow_pi_-_total_pipelines.png

FYI Siemens did not get into wind turbines on their own, this rather stupid company have a MO of just buying into things, and in some cases ruin it, as it have been seen here a few times.

Siemens cost my friend his best ever job, so he is not a fan of that brand.

FYI Siemens did not get into wind turbines on their own, this rather stupid company have a MO of just buying into things, and in some cases ruin it, as it have been seen here a few times.

Siemens cost my friend his best ever job, so he is not a fan of that brand.
Yes, that is how it works, little companies with ideas develop the technology and take the risks, bigger companies wait to see if they are successful and then buy them out, then the enormous companies buy up the successful bigger companies and make the profits, plus the semi-successful which they then shut down to remove competition and make even more profit; the unsuccessful are left to go bankrupt.

GE is just the same as Siemens.

Then there are the operators. Most of the current wind farms were built by unheard of companies, the successful ones are being bought up by companies like Shell and BP who waited to see what was successful before investing, and they will eventually take over every successful big wind farm because it is them that has the most investment money, because the pension companies trust them as safe investments because of the way they operate, not taking big risks.

You can't compete with the giants once they decide to join the game:

And our leaders are not going to stop them, maybe a lash out now and then to appear nice, CUZ when finally dont with ruining their countries it is where they retire in big company top echelon.
Another very good reason to have a limit in how long a person can serve his country as a MP, CUZ that job is just one long exercise of setting them self up for a board seat.

Our Dogger Bank windfarm is going well, first the turbines are now working at 14MW breaking the record for operational turbines that was set by the same turbine earlier in the year:

GEHaliadeXSeptember2021.jpg

And also we have some new ships with AI stabilised gangways onto the windturbines. That could be an interesting walk down the plank in heavy seas!

UPTIME’s scope of supply consists of three complete access systems for personnel and cargo, each consisting of a 30m autonomous gangway with artificial intelligence, mounted on elevator towers. One of the gangways will also have a motion-compensated 3D crane function included in the delivery.

Dogger-Bank-SOVs-to-Sport-Uptime-Gangways.png

Earthshot
The TV series is an interesting watch if you have access, or a VPN to watch BBC iPlayer, and as always with Sir David Attenborough involved, the video and audio is fantastic quality.

They explain what needs to be done to save humanity, show what is being done, and what has been done successfully. For example, how whales capture and store 37 billion tonnes of CO2 out of our atmosphere every year, that is roughly the global annual emissions from burning fossil fuels - saving the whales by banning whaling has significantly helped to save the planet.

A political agreement here just reached yesterday have the goal to cut greenhouse gas emissions by 55 - 65 % ( of 1990 numbers ) before 2030.
This is rather ambitious to say the least, and not least farmers who have a big stake in this are anxious about how it is going to happen, some experts also highly doubtful.
And i must also admit that personally i see it as a sales pitch more than i see it as a bid for a better environment, not least factoring we have the small municipal elections coming up in a few months.
But the agreement did see almost all political parties support it, only a few 1 man parties / MP's that have left their parties where against it, so +160 people out of the 179 members of parliament here.

After all the people pitching this are the same people that build big, and then every time have the build go over time and way over budget, and strange enough people still have trust in these idiots.
So now they push environment in a big way as that make them look good, and when it fail they all say " well wt least we was ambitious and tried" now we just have to throw even more billions after it to reach the goal 5 - 10 years too late.

This is rather ambitious to say the least, and not least farmers who have a big stake in this are anxious about how it is going to happen, some experts also highly doubtful.
You are most of the way there already, just need to convert those coal plants powering your electricity and heating to wind derived electricity whenever the wind is blowing, and maybe gas/hydrogen rather than coal as backup, and force your farmers to stop ploughing and only use fertilizer when measurements say it is needed. This is easily feasible for 50%, 65% is only difficult due to shortage of time.

This graph is for Denmark to 2019, when you get to 2030 you will not have the figures for 2030 for at least another 2 years, so it will be easy to claim that you have probably exceeded the target until the next election is over!
1633460402482.png

Bit more difficult for the UK because we had already made a lot of CO2 emission cuts before 1990, but we should still get there easily enough, we are already over 50% per capita from 1970:

1633460736511.png

And far more difficult for the USA since they have currently made negative progress and need huge work on infrastructure such as power grids:
1633461005188.png

Last edited:
A political agreement here just reached yesterday have the goal to cut greenhouse gas emissions by 55 - 65 % ( of 1990 numbers ) before 2030.

70% by 2030 is definitely ambitious:

Meanwhile when hospitals try to hire nurses, that process fail in 47 % of cases.
Apparently the work environment and the pay are so bad ( a nurse make more money a month than i ever have and i have spent more than 5 years of my life educating myself )
Alongside that they make it harder and harder for skilled people to move to Denmark and work here, and higher skilled ones they even try and entice with lower tax, cuz that do seem to turn off many ( i wonder why )

I dont disagree with the environment issue, but i think there are more pressing matters at hand in our country itself, just like i think the "sudden" lack of truck drivers in the UK is atrocious and to me say a bit about your leaders too.
We have plenty of truck drivers here, but yes they are often named Slopodan and Janozh and what not, and as new information prove ( after a few days of extra focus on truckers by police ) these guys are often high on cocaine / amphetamine and cannabis.

just like i think the "sudden" lack of truck drivers in the UK is atrocious and to me say a bit about your leaders too.
There is no "sudden" lack of truck drivers, we had a small shortage of truck drivers due to a combination of Brexit removing those called "Slopodan" and the end of the covid-19 pandemic, it was causing a few problems over the summer while companies worked out how to make things more efficient, then the political party conference season started and the main opposition party started a newsworthy rumour that people couldn't get fuel because of a lack of truck drivers, so everybody started filling their fuel tanks, so the fuel ran out, and then there really was a shortage of tanker drivers, plus a shortage of tankers to be driven, but of course people can only fit a limited amount of fuel into their tanks, so the fuel shortage soon became a fuel excess because many people now won't need to buy any more fuel for ages while this week the governing political party is having its annual conference so they have got the army delivering extra fuel to the filling stations this week!

The trigger for that rumour was the completely unrelated gas shortage, created by a long term lack of wind for the wind turbines over the summer along with several nuclear plants shutting down and emptying the gas reserves used as backup, which resulted in the gas price skyrocketing and several of our gas resellers going bankrupt. But now the wind is back, that should also be over, in fact we are using so little gas now that the gas price should soon tumble... Target is to get our electricity below 100 gCO2/KWh by 2030, already doing far better when the wind blows:

1633518001754.png

Until the supply and reserves of green hydrogen can meet demand, gas prices are going to become very volatile, especially with nobody investing in new gas fields or storage now!
I dont disagree with the environment issue, but i think there are more pressing matters at hand in our country itself,
Don't forget that many of the solutions to the environment issues are actually good for those other more pressing matters too.
Cheapest source of electricity is now offshore wind, and once supply meets demand, hydrogen from offshore wind should become cheaper than fossil fuels such as natural gas. It will continue getting cheaper as installation is scaled up, and there is a long way to go yet.

1633519928973.png

True.
Not 100 % familiar with the situation over there on the island, and often i do just skim news headlines or have to quit mid article.
And there are jobs in this too.

One big problem here seem to be getting a large number off people to actually look for a job,,,,,, when i was last unimplemented i was forced to apply for at least 3 jobs every week or was it monthly, either way, now it seem just getting people to apply for 1 job a month are hard.
I dont know why cuz back then the kicker was, dont look for jobs and cuts will be made in your welfare check, or it might even be taken away.
Denmark dont have a virus problem ( corona ) it have a parasite problem in both ends, the very rich cheating on their taxes, and the very "poor" not wanting to work.
When a country have people that cant bother working, and so sustain them self, there is a major fundamental problem i think.

A good news is the 3 Americans that stole billion from us, we are now allowed to take them to court over there as it is not a tax issue it is a fraus as they never owned any Danish shares which to get tax deductions on.
I think we are looking to do the same with at least 1 British guy too.
Either way if it fail i think we should kidnap them where ever they are and bring them to trial here, or just take a hit out on their punk asses., use some poison and blame the Russians.

Last edited:
There is no "sudden" lack of truck drivers, we had a small shortage of truck drivers due to a combination of Brexit removing those called "Slopodan" and the end of the covid-19 pandemic, it was causing a few problems over the summer while companies worked out how to make things more efficient, then the political party conference season started and the main opposition party started a newsworthy rumour that people couldn't get fuel because of a lack of truck drivers, so everybody started filling their fuel tanks, so the fuel ran out, and then there really was a shortage of tanker drivers, plus a shortage of tankers to be driven, but of course people can only fit a limited amount of fuel into their tanks, so the fuel shortage soon became a fuel excess because many people now won't need to buy any more fuel for ages while this week the governing political party is having its annual conference so they have got the army delivering extra fuel to the filling stations this week!

The trigger for that rumour was the completely unrelated gas shortage, created by a long term lack of wind for the wind turbines over the summer along with several nuclear plants shutting down and emptying the gas reserves used as backup, which resulted in the gas price skyrocketing and several of our gas resellers going bankrupt. But now the wind is back, that should also be over, in fact we are using so little gas now that the gas price should soon tumble... Target is to get our electricity below 100 gCO2/KWh by 2030, already doing far better when the wind blows:

View attachment 58511

Until the supply and reserves of green hydrogen can meet demand, gas prices are going to become very volatile, especially with nobody investing in new gas fields or storage now!

Don't forget that many of the solutions to the environment issues are actually good for those other more pressing matters too.
Cheapest source of electricity is now offshore wind, and once supply meets demand, hydrogen from offshore wind should become cheaper than fossil fuels such as natural gas. It will continue getting cheaper as installation is scaled up, and there is a long way to go yet.

View attachment 58512

Always with the UK happy talk spin regardless of the reality Nigel, while you condescendingly criticize other nations. The truth is the UK is facing a dire crisis of its own making going forward.

Europe is switching back to coal to survive bleak winter

Gas price explosion jolts UK bond market

UK to offer 10,500 post-Brexit visas to counter growing worker crisis

Last edited:
hehe yeah do seem to be something arise.
Gas prices here are back up to the pre corona level, actually have been for quite a while, long gone are the nice cheap corona gasoline

KWh prices are also much higher as a result of the not so windy summer, i do hope when there is wind we sell our wind power to the same prices other sell power to us when it is not windy.
Or as i fear, then our expensive wind turbines just sit idle, or maybe we even sell our nice green power at a loss.
Danes them self sure as hell dont get a taste, i am pretty sure KWh prices here are still in the top 3 on a global level, last i checked only the Germans had more expensive power.

Always with the UK happy talk spin regardless of the reality Nigel, while you condescendingly criticize other nations. The truth is the the UK is facing a dire crisis of its own making going forward.

Europe is switching back to coal to survive bleak winter

Gas price explosion jolts UK bond market

UK to offer 10,500 post-Brexit visas to counter growing worker crisis

We won't be using much coal this winter, in fact so far this year, even with low winds over the summer, we are at approximately the same coal use as the last two years and we have more wind turbines than last year so we should still end the year with a record low coal use!

UK Government said:
The UK has made huge progress in reducing the use of coal across the power sector, with coal accounting for only 1.8% of the UK’s electricity mix in 2020, compared with 40% almost decade ago. The UK went 5,000 hours without coal-fired electricity in 2020.

You are always talking about crisis, doesn't matter if there is one or not!

Now i got to think of a old album i have not listened to in ages.
iu

Crisis ? what crisis ? by Supertramp

We won't be using much coal this winter, in fact so far this year, even with low winds over the summer, we are at approximately the same coal use as the last two years.

Not true! As of this month the UK use of coal fired power plants has nearly doubled over last year and may continue to soar according to what conditions you experience this winter along with your ongoing gas crisis.

You are always talking about crisis, doesn't matter if there is one or not!

Hey, it's not me who brought up the crisis the UK is in, it is featured in major news publications and broadcast media all over the world. Don't blame the messenger!

Your boastful ultra-nationalism, coupled with your condescension towards other nations has left you in serious denial about the predicament your country is in. This was exactly the same thing we witnessed from you in regard to COVID-19. With people dying left and right, your hospitals overwhelmed, your economy in a shambles, you were boasting about how well everything was going, along with an imaginary "herd immunity" that didn't exist. You even made the absurd claim that the pandemic was "over" in the UK more than a year ago when everyone looking at the facts could plainly see that this was ludicrous. At the same time you were judgmentally looking down your nose and finding fault with the COVID responses and situations in other countries.

We get the same playbook from you on every occasion, regardless of the topic at hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back