256GB microSD Test: Street Guardian SG9665GC DashCam (Super Sized! Nearly 34 hours!!)

Street Guardian USA

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian.CAM Amazon.com
256GB support looks promising, so far so good with early / initial testing.
(Long term Recording tests in process)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B072HRDM55
Be sure you only buy these cards when they are Shipped and Sold By Amazon

9bbff3fa1648f0658e1036e2d3133c56.jpg

Nearly 34 hours!

0b62ccab70066312cefa1270f82ba6b7.jpg

Last edited:
Good to know that such high capacity cards work fine with the camera. Super expensive though as of now! I'll be upgrading to 128GB from the current 64GB (Transcend 400x) ones for both the cameras before my trip to the mountains next month. :)

O yeah do that and share a lot with us.

These Samsung Evo 256 GB micro SD cards are crazy expensive though at $150, or even $200 each.
The Sandisk 200 GB micro SD card is much better value for money at only ~$70 each.
Ie, the Samsung 256 GB are more than twice the price, for only 56 GB [25%] extra capacity.
But, if one needs to have the latest and greatest, then...

These Samsung Evo 256 GB micro SD cards are crazy expensive though at $150, or even $200 each.
The Sandisk 200 GB micro SD card is much better value for money at only ~$70 each.

I wouldn't expect too many to pay for the new expensive 256GB card yet. I mainly wanted to help be an early adopter until prices come down. 200GB is plenty yes.

http://www.amazon.in/SanDisk-Ultra-MicroSDXC-Memory-Adapter/dp/B010Q57S62 - $40
http://www.amazon.in/Transcend-Class-128GB-microSDXC-adapter/dp/B00WS63GZK - $65

For some reason the Transcend is $25 more than the black Sandisk Ultra on Amazon. Will get to the bottom of this with the distributor today.

there's a memory shortage at the moment which is driving prices up, depends how recent the stock is as to what kind of prices you'll find, prices will possibly stay high until around February

It is nice to know where the limit is with a camera, and as we have seen here on the forum there is people out there that is willing to pay a premium for a large memory card.
And it would suck if we always had to send those people off to buy Lukas products.
Myself i pray for another way of storing footage, and to finish off my prayer lower prices on memory cards, just to be on the safe side.

there's a memory shortage at the moment which is driving prices up, depends how recent the stock is as to what kind of prices you'll find, prices will possibly stay high until around February

Yup, the Delhi distributor has no stock of Transcend 128GB micro SD's , so I'm guessing it's a countrywide shortage as the same distributor supplies in other parts of the country too.

I used to deal in memory (cards, RAM, HDD's, SSD's) till a couple of years back but the volatile nature of this category turns out to be more of a gamble in regard to the in-hand stock.

Yup, the Delhi distributor has no stock of Transcend 128GB micro SD's , so I'm guessing it's a countrywide shortage as the same distributor supplies in other parts of the country too.

I used to deal in memory (cards, RAM, HDD's, SSD's) till a couple of years back but the volatile nature of this category turns out to be more of a gamble in regard to the in-hand stock.

yeah flash memory price is set three times each day and trades much like the stock market, it's very erratic at the moment due to memory shortages

Update: 256GB card still going strong, very reliable

Does the cam you are testing it in have parking mode active? If not, possible to estimate how much use it's getting? Thanks! The 256gb cards are appealing for when I am on longer road trips, I'd be able to save all the footage without switching cards...

I have a Vico Power-Plus configured to record 2 extra hours per parked event. I can toggle to switch to record longer for special events. I wouldn't Power your dashcam 24/7 as it's a bit hard on the car battery and hardware.

I drive for Uber on Saturdays sometimes nine hours straight. (Price surges 5x around Lake Tahoe) The card has been filled several times over by now for sure.

I have a Vico Power-Plus configured to record 2 extra hours per parked event. I can toggle to switch to record longer for special events. I wouldn't Power your dashcam 24/7 as it's a bit hard on the car battery and hardware.

I drive for Uber on Saturdays sometimes nine hours straight. (Price surges 5x around Lake Tahoe) The card has been filled several times over by now for sure.

Thanks, appreciate the additional detail!

your a robot like jokiin, I don't know how you get the time. atleast the dashcams will be getting tested well, how many do you have installed when your driving?

your a robot like jokiin, I don't know how you get the time. atleast the dashcams will be getting tested well, how many do you have installed when your driving?

If it's not price surging I don't work but can make $600 in one night of Uber on an average surging Saturday night. I talk about dashcam's to every customer since they are a captive audience. (sold a few this way) I've also networked to meet some very interesting people. I have some dashcam footage driving through the mountain blizzard a few weeks ago I'll post soon. (yes very good way to test cams!)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mtz
Back