256GB microSD Test: Street Guardian SG9665GC DashCam (Super Sized! Nearly 34 hours!!)

at least the dashcams will be getting tested well, how many do you have installed when your driving?

we need to get the hours up on them, I'm using the same 256gb card in my main camera as well, takes a while to fill it up as I don't drive enough, another one of the reasons why I give cameras out to various people for testing

If it's not price surging I don't work but can make $600 in one night of Uber on an average surging Saturday night. I talk about dashcam's to every customer since they are a captive audience. (sold a few this way) I've also networked to meet some very interesting people. I have some dashcam footage driving through the mountain blizzard a few weeks ago I'll post soon. (yes very good way to test cams!)
nice, wish I could earn $600 in a night but no uber here and I don't have time.
we need to get the hours up on them, I'm using the same 256gb card in my main camera as well, takes a while to fill it up as I don't drive enough, another one of the reasons why I give cameras out to various people for testing
well my cameras certainly get a work out during school terms, don't stop from 8am in the morning until 7pm at night normally.

I received 2 256gb class 10 cards today I picked up on eBay for $12.39 each incl shipping. Came with sd card adapter and USB adapter. No name brand on them whatsoever.

I received 2 256gb class 10 cards today I picked up on eBay for $12.39 each incl shipping. Came with sd card adapter and USB adapter. No name brand on them whatsoever.

If you only paid $12.39 each for 256GB cards you bought fake cards. Those have been around for years and is a well known scam. I think you'll find they are 256mb and or have fake tables reporting fake storage amounts.

don't really want to be the bearer of bad tidings but these cards are going to stop working soon, they will have a fake bootloader that fools the device into thinking they're 256gb but they're probably 8gb cards, once the true capacity is full the camera won't be able to write to the cards

even all the reviews on the ad show that they don't work, problem with these is people put them in mobile phones and it takes them a long time to find out they don't work so lots of people are unaware they don't work, you'll find out a whole lot quicker using it in a dashcam though

the size is impossible for the price, I buy direct from the manufacturer and 32gb cards cost more than this right now

if they were really that price I would have one in each of my dash cams.

Attachments

• ripoff.jpg
    ripoff.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 25
Darn! I bought a few on Ebay months ago and I just checked they are all removed! Sellers disappeared! Always thought Ebay protects customers :(

The card is still listed on ebay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/112083574553:ROFLMAO:
The fake 128GB cards can be found for about $16, like this and some fake sellers are ”sponsors” for ebay.
I don't understand why a big company like ebay is accepting such prices for cards when it is well known that that price was not possible even in good times when cards where cheaper. These sellers should be reported and banned instantly by ebay users.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/112083574553[emoji23]
The fake 128GB cards can be found for about $16, like this and some fake sellers are ”sponsors” for ebay.
I don't understand why a big company like ebay is accepting such prices for cards when it is well known that that price was not possible even in good times when cards where cheaper. These sellers should be reported and banned instantly by ebay users.

enjoy,
Mtz
Look at how many sold too, crazy

Look at how many sold too, crazy
most people have no idea though. could work well for months then they put more than 2gb on the card then it falls over.

most people have no idea though. could work well for months then they put more than 2gb on the card then it falls over.

they rely on most people using them in mobile phones, by the time they find out they're fake their return options have expired

https://www.ebay.com/itm/112083574553:ROFLMAO:
These sellers should be reported and banned instantly by ebay users.
I am almost tempted to buy that fake card. After receiving it I would file a dispute as it is fake and keep the card reader at no cost to me.
That is how sellers get removed. Make it to expensive for them to remain.

P.S. Is there still a memory card shortage to explain the higher sd card prices?

Last edited:
Back