256GB microSD Test: Street Guardian SG9665GC DashCam (Super Sized! Nearly 34 hours!!)

Where are you guys buying the cards in the OP? Does Samsung sell direct?

$150 is a major dent in my wallet given I want to do this for about 6 cams... yeah I'll stick with the spare 128 GB Transcends and the 200 GB PNY's I got for now.

I still can't wait until we can fit an entire terabyte into these things. We're getting super close, it's insane to think about.

@Street Guardian USA I bought it on Amazon last week and mount behind the rear view mirror like other people do. How can i know if the device is recording without flipping the mirror to look at the light/ screen?
I plugged in the cigarette lighter but only has power when the car turns on. Just want to know in case the connection is loose or device has problem so the cam isn't working

The flashing red LED at the top of he Camera is the only visual indicator once the screen turns off.

There is a startup chime when the camera first turns on.

There is an external monitor option

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00LM2Y2XG
0d56ccb0916b8b688c5cd9765c27649a.png

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/av-hook-up-to-car-stereo.18273/page-3#post-363262

(y)

Now to get the 'DC' to put it in.

I’ve been using 256GB with my sample SG9663DC and it’s been working great. DC is a few weeks delayed but things should be back on track as soon as China returns to work after a long holiday there.

I bought it on Amazon last week and mount behind the rear view mirror like other people do. How can i know if the device is recording without flipping the mirror to look at the light/ screen?
I plugged in the cigarette lighter but only has power when the car turns on. Just want to know in case the connection is loose or device has problem so the cam isn't working

Bought "it" -- which one? Startup chimes are the easiest way to tell. Also note that sometimes the best angle isn't the one you can see the least of, it's the one with the best coverage of the road. Usually, this means dead center of the windshield, well within sight of driver without obscuring vision.

If you got the DC, here's a thought by the way: swap them. Put the screen in the back and the discreet in the front. Screen timeout means that it's on for a few seconds upon boot up. Simple check in your rearview tells you all you need to know. I've been in three rear end collisions and this is how I'm mounting mine after the third was a hit and run. Always covering my own ass now! ;)

$150 is a major dent in my wallet given I want to do this for about 6 cams... yeah I'll stick with the spare 128 GB Transcends and the 200 GB PNY's I got for now.

I still can't wait until we can fit an entire terabyte into these things. We're getting super close, it's insane to think about.
I think you can try to find it on Ebay with experienced sellers

$150 x 6 = $900 is my point. That's a gradual upgrade for me. Upgrade as the old ones die out or get finicky, one at a time.

Not really, I trust sellers who have lots of feedback (thoudsands). I purchased a memory card from a guy with similar amount of feedbacks like that 6 months ago and now his account is blocked by eBay. I have a look and see he's scam but luckily the card I bought from him is still working fine :ROFLMAO:

Not really, I trust sellers who have lots of feedback (thoudsands). I purchased a memory card from a guy with similar amount of feedbacks like that 6 months ago and now his account is blocked by eBay. I have a look and see he's scam but luckily the card I bought from him is still working fine :ROFLMAO:
so you havent filled it yet with more than 2GB of files??

No. I only use it for dashcam which has about 350MB for a 3 min file

He meant you Haven't put 2 GB worth of files on them total, i.e. 6 x 350 MB = 2,100 MB.

Wonder if there's an easy software way to see if a card like that is legit 256 GB as in GigaBytes vs. GigaBits (which is 1 GB if I'm off-the-top-of-my-head mathing right)

He meant you Haven't put 2 GB worth of files on them total, i.e. 6 x 350 MB = 2,100 MB.

Wonder if there's an easy software way to see if a card like that is legit 256 GB as in GigaBytes vs. GigaBits (which is 1 GB if I'm off-the-top-of-my-head mathing right)

Lol, of course, I am lucky to get it stored up to full capacity, 128Gb.

Haven't heard of a device like you describe before though

h2testw, well used around here.

Back