2Ch Blacksys CH-100B (1080p+720p) Sony Exmor, WiFi, GPS / Glonass, Supercaps, Up to 128Gb, BDP

Only Sungmoons next dual Panorama or something Jokiin comes up with will get the X2 out of my car :)

Last edited:
Possibly! The X2 main unit wouldn't work well in the side though.

After seeing the X1 I figured they'd squeeze the X2 brains into the head unit and have two remote cams but no sign yet.

I guess maybe someone might come up with something totally different that would be amazing - the joys of this stuff is that it never stands still :)

I guess maybe someone might come up with something totally different that would be amazing - the joys of this stuff is that it never stands still :)

"I came up" ;), - but now need to find some one who can produce it ! :D

there are some new possibilities coming up with some new chipsets that will be out soon, interesting times ahead ;)

Oh Niko you big tease! ;)

It's a half-joke. We all here "came up" with something with our "wish-list". Most important is - who is going to build / produce it ?

just joined the forum and was curious if anyone's seen any reviews of this two channel setup. i've learned a lot reading this forum in the past few weeks, thanks for all your guys' reviews, there's almost too many options haha

I have tested it, but did not had time yet to put review together. Will try at some stage when get more free time.

Few photos of package content and how it looks installed in my car.

Unboxing.jpg

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

I have tested it, but did not had time yet to put review together. Will try at some stage when get more free time.

Few photos of package content and how it looks installed in my car.

Hi Niko,

I was about to pull the trigger on this one. Would you please suggest a yes or no?

also looking for a general yes or no since the cf-100 hangs almost too low for me to use my windshield shade (haven't permanently mounted it yet but i think it's too low).

also, where can this be purchased with confidence?

Last edited:
Received mine today. Just did a quick test in the car without driving.

What I found so far:
- Front and rear video are recorded to 2 separate files.
- I'm not able to get parking mode to kick in. Perhaps, I need to drive around instead of just power it up and let it sit. Still have no idea how does it work. What will happen if I disconnect and reconnect the car battery then not driving it for hours or a day?
- The power/rear cam/GPS/wifi LED doesn't seem to turn off in parking mode according to the manual.
- Wifi is a lot faster than my old blackvu 500.
- Rear camera is better than I expected. It just look like the dark tint of the rear window (mine is a SUV) is not there.
- Events/emergency recordings in driving mode (shock sensor or button), it creates a 30 seconds clip like in parking mode, 10 sec before and 20 after, instead of just mark the current 3 min video file E. ie, you may get a anything from 1 sec to 3 min N -> 0:30 E (with 10 sec overlapped the clip before) -> 3:00 N instead of two 3 mins videos marked as event. People will need more than 10 seconds of video before hitting the emergency recording button. Why Blacksys made it so complicated? Other cams would just mark the current clip and some even include the one before as event when the button is pressed.
- Front video = 6000 kbmps, Audio = 256kbmps, rear video = 4000kbmps
- When play full screen in the blacksys player on PC, there are bars on top and bottom. The bottom one blocks the stamps of the video. The bars won't disappear even I don't touch anything like every other video player does.

Installing tomorrow and will update in a few days.

Did you get an OBD unit with it? I know it's been said that, it only works with Korean domestic models, however it'll be great if someone actually tried it with other cars (particularly Mercedes :rolleyes: ) ... I really want that OBD info in the footage, and it would be a deciding factor for me to change from my current setup, which I'm otherwise more than happy with.

Received mine today. Just did a quick test in the car without driving.

What I found so far:
- Front and rear video are recorded to 2 separate files.
- I'm not able to get parking mode to kick in. Perhaps, I need to drive around instead of just power it up and let it sit. Still have no idea how does it work. What will happen if I disconnect and reconnect the car battery then not driving it for hours or a day?
- The power/rear cam/GPS/wifi LED doesn't seem to turn off in parking mode according to the manual.
- Wifi is a lot faster than my old blackvu 500.
- Rear camera is better than I expected. It just look like the dark tint of the rear window (mine is a SUV) is not there.
- Events/emergency recordings in driving mode (shock sensor or button), it creates a 30 seconds clip like in parking mode, 10 sec before and 20 after, instead of just mark the current 3 min video file E. ie, you may get a anything from 1 sec to 3 min N -> 0:30 E (with 10 sec overlapped the clip before) -> 3:00 N instead of two 3 mins videos marked as event. People will need more than 10 seconds of video before hitting the emergency recording button. Why Blacksys made it so complicated? Other cams would just mark the current clip and some even include the one before as event when the button is pressed.
- Front video = 6000 kbmps, Audio = 256kbmps, rear video = 4000kbmps
- When play full screen in the blacksys player on PC, there are bars on top and bottom. The bottom one blocks the stamps of the video. The bars won't disappear even I don't touch anything like every other video player does.

Installing tomorrow and will update in a few days.
The way the cf100 goes into parking mode is there can't be any motion in the video frame (front and rear) for about 5 minutes, and there can't be any vibration or anything that would set off the g sensor. Then it will announce "parking mode is getting started"

I have the front parking mode led disabled, but the rear LEDs for record and GPS always stay on solid.

Good to hear it records front and rear in separate files, but that front bitrate sound REALLY low. What resolution and sharpness do you have it set to?

The way the cf100 goes into parking mode is there can't be any motion in the video frame (front and rear) for about 5 minutes, and there can't be any vibration or anything that would set off the g sensor. Then it will announce "parking mode is getting started"

I have the front parking mode led disabled, but the rear LEDs for record and GPS always stay on solid.

Good to hear it records front and rear in separate files, but that front bitrate sound REALLY low. What resolution and sharpness do you have it set to?

Installed. Took me 2 hours. Routing the cable to the rear above the headliner took the most time. I have a Rav4 and it's very similar to your Sienna. Thank you for posting your instruction which helped a lot. I didn't run any wire behind the A pillar. I stole the power from the sunroof.

Front cam is set to 1080 and default brightness, and rear to 720, default brightness but there is an option for tinting in the program which is set to high. No sharpness settings at all in the app/program.

Update after installing:
- The low bitrate really causing blocky videos. But I was driving on local streets with lot of trees, buildings and shadows. Will try on highway and the city this evening and late night.
- After I cut the cable for hard wiring, I found 3 small wires inside, red, yellow and black. The red and yellow are tied together to the positive of the cigi lighter plug. The color code is so obvious, but I still test them with a power probe. I connected the red wire to constant, yellow to acc and black to ground. Parking mode kicks in within the set time (set in app) after the key turned to off. Driving mode starts as soon as the key is turned to on.
- The power, gps etc LED's don't turn off in parking mode. Front security LED and a little blue LED on the rear camera can be disabled.
- In parking mode with motion detection, front and rear operate separately. If the front detects motion, only the front will record. Same to the rear.
- The G sensor is way too sensitive. I had it set to 2 and it alerted me for event recording when I ran over a little bump. Set to 1 now and see how it goes. Otherwise I may have to set it manually which is possible in the app.

Will post some video clips after some real live driving.

Attachments

• 20150809_090458_001.jpg
    20150809_090458_001.jpg
    345.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 20150809_092921.jpg
    20150809_092921.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Did you get an OBD unit with it? I know it's been said that, it only works with Korean domestic models, however it'll be great if someone actually tried it with other cars (particularly Mercedes :rolleyes: ) ... I really want that OBD info in the footage, and it would be a deciding factor for me to change from my current setup, which I'm otherwise more than happy with.

I didn't get the OBD cable. After some searching, I didn't find where I can get one or any related videos and reviews re the OBD function for SC-100B. Even in the manual, there are only 2 places mentioning OBD2. One is optional accessories and another is pointing out where the port is. Nothing in the app and program portion or listed as a feature in the booklet and on the box.

OBD is a connection standard, the protocols though are not, highly unlikely to be supported
Thanks jokiin, seeing there are a plethora of [cheap] OBD-II code readers, capable of deciphering rather more complicated stuff than just turn indicators and brake & throttle positions (all I want from OBD dashcam) and with a few pages of supported vehicles in their user guides, I was hoping there would be some progress made ... If I am not mistaken first Lukas (?) dashcam with OBD came out four years ago? I guess there's not much demand for it then ...

Back