2Ch Blacksys CH-100B (1080p+720p) Sony Exmor, WiFi, GPS / Glonass, Supercaps, Up to 128Gb, BDP

I didn't get the OBD cable. After some searching, I didn't find where I can get one or any related videos and reviews re the OBD function for SC-100B. Even in the manual, there are only 2 places mentioning OBD2. One is optional accessories and another is pointing out where the port is. Nothing in the app and program portion or listed as a feature in the booklet and on the box.

Yes, I noticed that too. They made a big deal out of OBD-capability for 2013 model (CL100-B) - with videos and dedicated features page, etc, etc, however on this one - nothing, apart as you said, pointing to the port and listing OBD cable as an accessory :confused:

Parking mode is triggered by G-sensor. It enters into parking mode from 10sec to 10min ( time is selectable from menu )

Parking 1.jpg

Parking 2.jpg

Manufacturer has OBD full function support only for cars that are popular in Korea. Also they have added some "western cars" , but with no full functions. For example VW no RPM, brake, turn signal.
If someone need, I can find this table of vehicles, but OBD unit available only for inner Korean market and to export it will cost a fortune.

Parking mode is triggered by G-sensor. It enters into parking mode from 10sec to 10min ( time is selectable from menu )

I set it to 1 minute. I opened and closed the door within the one minute and parking mode still started exactly one minute after the engine shut down. Perhaps, I should try again by tapping the cam housing in 40 45 seconds after the engine shuts down. I have driving mode g sensor set to 1 and closing the door may not be enough to trigger it.

I set it to 1 minute. I opened and closed the door within the one minute and parking mode still started exactly one minute after the engine shut down. Perhaps, I should try again by tapping the cam housing in 40 45 seconds after the engine shuts down. I have driving mode g sensor set to 1 and closing the door may not be enough to trigger it.

@"triggered by g-sensor" I meant that G-sensor all 3 values ( X, Y, Z ) affects time when dashcam is going into parking mode. If all 3 values are not changing within set value of time, then it goes into parking mode.

After 30 miles of driving in different situations, day and night, city and highway, the low bitrate recordings really disappoint me. I would suggest people to hold off until Blacksys release a new firmware to up the bitrate (if that ever happens).

Do people from Blacksys read this forum?

After 30 miles of driving in different situations, day and night, city and highway, the low bitrate recordings really disappoint me. I would suggest people to hold off until Blacksys release a new firmware to up the bitrate (if that ever happens).

Do people from Blacksys read this forum?
CF-100 has the highest "productional" ( retail ) combined bit-rate from all TI based 2 ch dashcams I know: 14 front , 4 rear, total 18Mbps. I wish they would implement same bit-rate to this model as well, but I assume adding wifi + more complex OS takes more CPU power, which reflects it lower bit-rate. So, for stable performance I am afraid total combined 10Mbps is the maximum limit of this solution.

Then I would suggest to others do not consider getting one.

From functionality point of view ( operational options, App, functions etc ) I would say it is one of the most advanced I ever saw. Also form-factor allows quite discrete install. However yeah, unfortunately bit-rate could be better. For city-driving 40- ( max 50 km/h ) it might do a job of reading licence plate numbers ( not in all cases, but still it can read ), but on higher speeds unfortunately it struggles due to low bit-rate.

After trying for a few days, I can confirm g-sensor has nothing to do with entering and existing parking mode if the camera is hard wired.

After trying for a few days, I can confirm g-sensor has nothing to do with entering and existing parking mode if the camera is hard wired.
What is your parking mode settings for stand-by time ?

Yes. Set to 10 sec now. Parking mode starts 10 sec after I shut down the engine. Driving mode starts as soon as the engine starts.

here is the OBD II compatible vehicle list for CL. Hope Blacksys will make the CH works with OBD.

Attachments

• OBD II compatible Vehicle List.pdf
    648.7 KB · Views: 43
Found one more issue. The WiFi is enabled by default. It will turn on every time the camera is turned on even you have the WiFi off before disconnecting the power.

Some may not find this an issue. It is to me since I use my phone for traffic info and where the police is hiding which needs internet connection.

Found one more issue. The WiFi is enabled by default. It will turn on every time the camera is turned on even you have the WiFi off before disconnecting the power.

Some may not find this an issue. It is to me since I use my phone for traffic info and where the police is hiding which needs internet connection.
this is a good detail that won't be found in normal product literature, and would probably bug the heck out of me if i had one. thanks for your honest feedback! this, (but mostly the low bitrates) mean i won't be buying one of these any time soon. then again, as long as you set your phone to NOT pair with the camera automatically, it shouldn't be too much of an issue... i wouldn't want to pair with the cam all the time so as to save phone battery, plus there's no need to pair unless something happens anyway. once it's set up, the camera is intended to be set & forget.

my next cam will probably have wifi if for no other reason than because it's sometimes a pain to get the Sd card out, and easy to lose the SD card, and easy to forget to put it back in the car after copying stuff off it!

It'd be great if the wifi could be set up to automatically connect to my home wifi and then dump any new lock/emergency/event files to my server as soon as it comes in range, but i doubt that'll happen any time soon since the average consumer doesn't have a home server to enable that sort of thing.

An actual "server" isn't necessary, any PC on the network running the appropriate application will do. I have multiple PCs that are left on 24/7, one being the DVR for my IP cameras. Search for Omnifi for an example, ableit outdated. The hardware is already available, the problem is finding a developer willing to develop and implement the option without charging an arm and a leg.

KuoH

It'd be great if the wifi could be set up to automatically connect to my home wifi and then dump any new lock/emergency/event files to my server as soon as it comes in range, but i doubt that'll happen any time soon since the average consumer doesn't have a home server to enable that sort of thing.

oh i know, but again, the average joe probably doesn't have a PC with enough disk space or that's on 24/7 to enable that sort of thing. that's what i meant.

even before i got a retired poweredge server from work, i had an old PC set up in the garage with a couple drives RAIDed together for network storage. i'm the guy you think of when you think "computer geek" though i don't need glasses or contacts, and have never worn a pocket protector. i did have a calculator watch back in middle and high school though... one of those casio databank ones that stored names and numbers, and had a basic calendar/scheduler too if i remember right. cutting edge! ;)

I wouldn't be so sure. Most PCs are sold nowadays with 500GB to 1TB drives and new 1TB internal drives retail for around $40, externals for only a bit more. Storage space isn't the problem either, it's getting the manufacturers to be interested in this feature. They want to push 4G/LTE and cloud storage to keep profits up. If you think about it, there's no reason they can't enable simple external storage through the USB port either if they wanted to.

KuoH

oh i know, but again, the average joe probably doesn't have a PC with enough disk space or that's on 24/7 to enable that sort of thing. that's what i meant.

are you still talking about PCs or dashcams?

PCs (windows, mac, linux and "other") have all had simple external storage via usb, esata and firewire for a long time. and it's gotten pretty cheap, too.

but yes, the software needs to be there too. i was thinking i could just write a simple script to run as a cron/scheduled job on the server that looks for the dashcam to show up on the network, and if it's there, grab files from it that don't already exist on the "server" - whatever shape that may be in. i could probably be clever about it and grab a few non-event files on either side of the event file so as to have more context, or as is often the case, the ACTUAL event, because our button-press was too late, or happened to be right when a new file started, so the previous file is the one we really wanted.

unfortunately, i don't think any wifi cameras are set up to act as a wifi client; only a host.

Back