2ch Lukas LK-9700 Duo, GPS, OBD II, 1080p+720p/30fps. 256Gb SD+256Gb MicroSD = 512Gb

@ Niko thanks for the links I will browse them this afternoon, just waiting for them to appear for sale with the OBD2 feature for the european market. I may finish up with the full package 9700 duo. I think mi jin yoon is going to email me when release is imminent. Regards Ipol

Six more posts with more pictures, tests, etc. from Korean forums using Google translator. ( some info could not be translated, which is on pictures )

#1 / #2 / #3 / #4 / #5 / #6

No external/hidden storage? SD card is so yesterday for this kind of setup.

No external/hidden storage? SD card is so yesterday for this kind of setup.

Dashcams with external / hidden storage will be widely available in 2015.
2014 will be still flash memory cards.
We can give a credit to Lukas of starting using twin memory cards. This is a new trend in 2ch systems and I am aware only of 5-6 models at the moment which uses twin flash memory cards.

Samsung makes cars for a local market. Also some European cars are just face-lifted Sasung cars. Good example is Renault Latitude.

Topic states 128+128=256. That's not true (to my understanding). Second slot does not extend first one. It is used for backup copy of existing video only, like FineVu CR2000S does. Niko, please confirm.

Secondary camera has HD resolution, not Full HD. I can't see why one would like to buy such an expensive dual camera instead of two good FullHD/30fps cameras. for an affordable price. LK-7900 SMART DUAL is coming. It seems to be more attractive than this one, but less attractive than two separate LK-7900 ACE or two Panorama S cameras. What's the point?

Topic states 128+128=256. That's not true (to my understanding).

You wrong, read specs from description ( Korean screen shots ). Don't know how it works, for back up or dual rec, more likely only for back up, but for sure Korean specs say 128 + 128 = 256 total, so title is correct !

Secondary camera has HD resolution, not Full HD. I can't see why one would like to buy such an expensive dual camera instead of two good FullHD/30fps cameras. for an affordable price. LK-7900 SMART DUAL is coming. It seems to be more attractive than this one, but less attractive than two separate LK-7900 ACE or two Panorama S cameras. What's the point?

There are many dashcams solutions out there where we can ask "whats the point?", but it's up to each manufacturer R&D to decide whats they produce for local or other markets.
There are around 300 dashcam brands in Korea and only 3-5 seriouse manufacturers. Only few manufacturers has ability to produce high-end solutions, but they mostly concentrate on local market needs where their sales volume are the biggest.

We can discuss endlessly"why, whats the point" etc, but the bottom line is: If you have in your pocket 200-300K, - within 6-10 month they can manufacturer you your ideal dashcam solution ;). Other than that they will be manufacturing solutions that are ordered by local OEM / ODM so called "brands".

You wrong, read specs from description ( Korean screen shots ). Don't know how it works, for back up or dual rec, more likely only for back up, but for sure Korean specs say 128 + 128 = 256 total, so title is correct !

Yes, it is like 16Gb in the phone, but nobody says 5Gb takes firmware itself :) Just a marketing. Let's wait for reviews.

DARN! OBDII won't work with my current car. ):

A Fellow Danish dashcammer have ordered a Lk-9700, just the regular version with GPS as i undestand it.

@ K-A mine neither but Lukas are adding to the list of cars that OBD2 will work with daily.....I am now thinking of ordering the 9700 and adding the OBD2 module at a later date if it is possible to do so......Ipol

Green-sum selling it:

Basic + GPS: 359usd
Basic + ODBII + GPS: 399usd

The only confusing thing is that they advertise total 512Gb ( 256 + 256Gb ). Earlier official Lukas sources advertised it as 128 + 128.
But I guess they did some changes in firmware, so its good to have total 512gb, but this info need to be yet confirmed.

512 Gb.jpg

512 Gb - 2.jpg

Now we just need 256 Gb SD Cards to come 80% Down in prize :D

Allso sad the 9700 is not 2 x 1080p.

@ niko and kamkar 1 yes saw that also I am still working out my options I might put my existing lk7900 ace on the rear screen and buy just the front camera 9700 for now and add the obd2 option when the module is configured for my car, that way I have 1080p front and rear. Just waiting on the different options and pricing to appear............Ipol

There is an english firmware and viewer for the Lukas lk9700 out today its for the non obd2 version at the moment firmware version is 2.5 the link is http://lukashd.com/eng/download/main.html regards Ipol :)

Has anyone noticed that they use 48mm filters, rather than the much more prevalent 49mm?

david

@ spotnz sorry should have said David yes I noticed that as well I also installed the viewer but it is in korean and not english even though it states english versi........just playing around really I havent even ordered the 9700 yet. If I cant get it to change to english version I will email Lukas after the weekend. Just checked the holiday calender and next long weekend in S K starts friday 6 june.......Ipol................Douglas update..... I sent the email about half an hour ago in the hope that it will be high up on the list of emails they receive over the weekend.

Last edited:
Reply from Lukas with new link this time the english version viewer for lk9700 duo downloaded successfully all I have to do now is order the camera ........New link www://lukashd.com/gnuboard4/bbs/board.php?bo_table=eng_viewer&wr_id=45 I think I have typed it correctly Regards Ipol :)

Latest update......... I have decided to opt for the lk9700 duo D type full package it works out cheaper to buy all at once rather than buying the B type and adding the OBD2 module later. I emailed Lukas yesterday posing a couple of questions, firstly did I need to order the lighter socket power cable ( its optional)....reply was No the lk9700 duo D type is powered via the OBD2 module. Second question was for the viewer for the full package...... it will be released within the week, the current latest viewer release is for the lk9700 duo B type package NON OBD2 version.....Finally I will be placing my order directly through the Lukas Store having signed up with them.......I will post my experience and feedback ......The price for anyone who might be interested 359 USD for the B type package and 399 USD for the D type full package around 299 euros. I can live with that :D not so sure about my bank manager though :(......Ipol Yes I know greensum is offering the same deal but right from day one I have never been a fan of his marketing strategy, also with the latest security breach involving Ebay I feel it would be imprudent to place an order through them right now.

Last edited:
firmware 2.5 for the lk9700 duo D type is now available I havent checked for the viewer yet the firmware is 49.6 MB and is still downloading I will edit this post when things have progressed Ipol

Back