2ch Lukas LK-9700 Duo, GPS, OBD II, 1080p+720p/30fps. 256Gb SD+256Gb MicroSD = 512Gb

Hehe the lukas site sure dont offer impressive Dl speeds, i wonder if the new models allso occoupy 2 x 10 % of the memore for event and motion recordings, even tho you have both disabled and only use allways recording.

I think its stupid my LK-7500 do that, i would like to have 20% more recording Space on my 64 Gb Card. have mailed this issue to them too, but i doubt they will ever Again offer new FW for the 7500 models.

@kamkar1 download was taking so long I cancelled it as we had to go out. I will try again this evening we are at my sister in laws right now and I am sending on the tablet.If you like I can pose the question regarding lk7500 firmware next time I email Lukas...........Ipol

I bet it is the same on the new kameras, but it is strange that if Enable G-sensor and Enable motion detector is uncheked in the settings, the camera still reserve 10% of the storage for each feature.
And i can not see it should be hard to fix in the firmware.
If G-sensor = 0 / then memore reservation = 0 % :p damm now i let my lack of coding skill out the bag :D

Reactions: K-A
Any reviews on this camera compared to the CR2000? I am torn between this one and the FINEVU. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I have no idea how can someone mount this on their car. It's god damn huge. It would probably last a few hours here, before the car would be burglarized.

I have no idea how can someone mount this on their car. It's god damn huge. It would probably last a few hours here, before the car would be burglarized.

Better policing maybe?

You mean like in the US ? /sarcasm off.

To get back on track, yeah, I have no idea why manufacturers keep designing these huge form factors.

I've never had trouble, but then I don't live in "the hood", so I can't say.

I was totally flabbergasted at this new Lukas. What I like about the current 7900 is that it doesn't expect you to configure it while you're behind the wheel, beyond turning it on and off, muting it and maybe taking an "emergency" recording. I think this new one might get you into trouble with the police for distracted driving.

Great another big honk'n "camera" shape DVR, way too big for the western market. You're just asking someone to smash your windows and take this huge thing. We need more stealthy products. (and they are coming, we are working on a few)

From what I know, they are using Zoran Coach 14 in LK-9700 system.
The D35 dual lens use same chip.
There is A7 dual lens model.

•Chipset:Ambarella A7LA70D
•TWO Channels:FullHD 1080P+FullHD 1080P
• Sensor:OV2710+OV2710
•Lens: 120°/6G/F=1.8/f=3.6 (Optional : 160°/6G/F=2.0/f=2.34)

QQ截图20140611185556.jpg

Just a head up there is a firmware and viewer update as of yesterday 13/06/2014 for the lk9700 duo D and B type version is 2.7 english version ........... Ipol the viewer version is 1.2.1.0

Last edited:
I purchased the 9700. Its great. Im using a 256Gb SD card in the large slot and a 64Gb micro card. The micro slot is for events and the large slot is for regular driving, what is called Always. Seems to work real good except for a few issues.

Bubinga, could you take a few pictures with your setup ? How to front and rear cams look mounted on the car ?

@ bubinga2 any chance you might be able to shed some light on the issues , I hope they are minor and resolvable, also where did you purchase the camera from and did you get hit for customs charges. I paid the equivalent of around 44 USD here in france when I purchased the 7900 ACE Ipol

Here what it looks like installed:
https://picasaweb.google.com/vise27/Lukas9700?authuser=0&feat=directlink (let me know if it doesn't show)

Hardest part was running the cables in the ceiling space for the rear camera. I pushed a copper wire (the kind used in house wiring) thru and pulled the cable back.

The issue has to do with the OBD interface. The screen switches to the rear camera when in reverse but it does not seem to work in Parking Mode. Probably the user.

Last edited:
Bubinga2, how do you like the Lukas 9700 D? I am torn between the Lukas and the Vicovation Marcus 3 and would like some first hand reports from the owners if you would be so kind. Thanks, Ed

I sure like it. I bought it from www.finevuusa.com. They are great with customer support, friendly and helpful.

If you're looking for a 2 camera setup, there are not as many choices. The WiFi ones can't keep up with the bit stream so you have to get a wired solution. Next look for the Sony sensor which is the best. Now you're down to only a couple to choose from. I too would like to hide the brain / storage box. Maybe next years dash cam will have that. For now, the 9700 D gets a thumbs up. FineVuUSA.com gets 2 thumbs up!

I wish more OBD features worked on my car but they don't make Pontiacs any more. Mine is a 2009 G8 GXP with the factory installed Corvette motor. On screen, the shifter works, steering wheel works but backwards left and right. Wish the blinkers worked because I use them for 95% of my lane changes and turns. The Lukas 9700 is a super unit and I'm sure the OBD will work on more current models.

@ bubinga2 Thanks for the swift reply and the photos Lukas are adding to the list of cars that will work with the OBD2 module all the time so maybe future updates will add to the features that will work in your car....fingers crossed.....You can access the list of cars and the OBD2 features that work in different models on the lukas website....Ipol .......I am a lukas fan so it will be the lk9700 duo D version .....I can then post my current lk7900 ace to my daughter in the UK :D

I sure like it. I bought it from www.finevuusa.com. They are great with customer support, friendly and helpful.

If you're looking for a 2 camera setup, there are not as many choices. The WiFi ones can't keep up with the bit stream so you have to get a wired solution. Next look for the Sony sensor which is the best. Now you're down to only a couple to choose from. I too would like to hide the brain / storage box. Maybe next years dash cam will have that. For now, the 9700 D gets a thumbs up. FineVuUSA.com gets 2 thumbs up!

I wish more OBD features worked on my car but they don't make Pontiacs any more. Mine is a 2009 G8 GXP with the factory installed Corvette motor. On screen, the shifter works, steering wheel works but backwards left and right. Wish the blinkers worked because I use them for 95% of my lane changes and turns. The Lukas 9700 is a super unit and I'm sure the OBD will work on more current models.

Thank you, I just ordered it from finevuusa just before I received your reply. I am glad to hear you confirm my hunch on this product and we will see if the OBD will work with my 2005 Ford Focus and the 2004 Silverado 2500HD Diesel. Thanks again for the reply and have a good evening. Ed

Back