2ch Lukas LK-9700 Duo, GPS, OBD II, 1080p+720p/30fps. 256Gb SD+256Gb MicroSD = 512Gb

I have edited title from 128+128Gb to 256 + 256 = 512Gb

Thanks for the pictures bubinga.

It looks like the B package comes with the GPS integrated in to the mount and the D version has a separate GPS module. Any particular reason for this, or any reason why the mount integrated GPS wouldn't work with the D version?

@ telero I have been pondering the same question the integrated version would seem a much neater solution, less wires trailing all over the place....I will email Lukas and pose the question ASAP I had thought about purchasing the B version and adding the OBD2 module at a later date but it worked out dearer than buying the D version. The firmware and viewer appear to be the same ....Ipol update 11 AM french time Email sent it will probably be after the weekend before I receive a reply.......

Last edited:
@ telero Just had a reply from Lukas regarding the built in GPS the two versions differ in as much that when you connect the OBD2 module the built in GPS is not recognised. If you only require the camera and GPS the B version is fine but if you also want the OBD2 module and GPS the D version with external GPS is the only way to go.....Sorry that I cannot be of more help......Ipol

Ipol, thanks for checking on that.

So it sounds like the unit has a built-in GPS and and external antenna (built into the mounting base) when using the B version. And when you move to the D version the built-in GPS receiver is disabled and the external GPS module is both the GPS antenna and receiver. It looks like the external GPS and the OBD connectors each have a separate connector on the camera...I wonder if the external GPS still plugs in to the same location, or if it plugs into the OBD connector?

@telero the email read as follows......................built in GPS does not work with type D when OBD2 module is connected.Which means even if you have and use built in GPS and OBD2 module together, the GPS will not be recognised.It's technically designed so and when OBD2 module is installed, GPS should be external one........... I do know that with the D type option the camera is powered via the OBD2 module and a cigarette lighter power cable is not necessary I posed the question in an earlier Email......Ipol

Well after a couple of hiccups I finally got to order the lk9700 duo D version so i will have hand on experience and will be able to answer a few of the questions first hand. I ordered direct through the lukas online store so that will be a new experience. The main reason for doing so was the recent Ebay hacking of accounts I was somewhat reluctant to use the Ebay .......I will keep you up to date with the experience....Ipol

Bonne chance Ipol :)

merci beaucoup or as they say in posh circles ( mucky buckets) looking forward to getting my hands on it Ipol

Well that was the fastest service I have ever had delivered by DHL picked up in seoul 11h27 on the 8th signed for at the house at 12h35 on the 10th free delivery but ouch that customs charge 108 euros = 147usd Ipol

Yeah if there is something the idiots working in EU should Work on it would be removing or lowering the damm customs, and for me harmonising ( to a lower level ) the sales taxes would be nice too. ( i think we have the record with a 25% sales tax )

lukas lk9700 duo

is as far as i have heard the only one with obd plug

i like that better than just gps or other features

they pull you over for no signal hey look i had it on

they said you never hit the brakes and so on

i love that feature allot gps is wow im new to dash cams

and to think my wife knows it there they could find the exact reason i was killed in accident

she would say there's a dash cam pull it and watch

its mind blowing to me they can now see obd info and my gps route all that crap wow

better erase so wife dont know where your GF lives lmao

that screen i agree ebay pics dont show like ops pics wow honking big mother taking up the window

not only a pain and hard to hide but get harassed by cops and unlike my current dash cam it would have to come out every time you park

ebay pics i though hey hide behind the rear view mirror nope that takes half the window

i am going to search high and low but any other than luka will probably thousands of dollars

o well my no name china crap front and back camera i wish i would have had these in my last two nasty accidents that i sued maybe more money lol

i just wish i could have a inside dash view thats also good proof if something happens

there are 7 or 8 camera dvr boxes but they dont like to the car gps there just like my current just video

a 7 or 8 would be fun though front back sides inside and a lower mounted backup

two backups because one is your normal back window the other bumper or where ever

you have a monitor that folds and hides under dash 7 in or so get just those two might actually have a reverse cam that works

by that i mean allot complain about backup cams i think its just the built in monitor is way to small

i have been trying to think of a way to rig it to the roof top of dash or slide in the dash

i cant figure a good way in not into fab but a nice hidden 7in or bigger nice for you cops friends to laugh whatever'

i know some radios have i think 5 in that slide out but man the price and junk i dont need i never watch dvd camping or in a car

o well sorry my rant and ramble i know it impossible to read sorry i cant help or fix that for yall or i would

thanks have a good one

Head up there are updates firmware and viewer for the 9700 duo over the last few days other models have updates just click on lukashd.com Ipol

How are you all liking the 9700 Duo? I am thinking of this for the wife's car.

BTW, what's the purpose of having and OBD II camera? Is the benefit? It sounds kinda gimmicky to me.

If it can read all it need from the OBD port its pretty clever in my eyes, then the following parameters wil allso get embedded on the video footage.

Trottle position.
Brake use.
Indicator use.
Angle of steeringwheel.
Gear indicator.

Pretty good to have in case some one oppose even though you have video footage, then you can proof, yes i did brake, yes i did try to steer around, yes i did use my indicator before i changed lane.

The problem is that the Lukas hardware dont undestand all data on all brands of cars, thats why they have a compatabillety list on ther home page.

So the way its made by lukas is a bit of trial and error, and that with a pretty expensive pice of kit.
Thats why i vote for a listening & learning dashcam for OBD, so that you can teach it to pick up all the different signals during setup.

lukas lk9700 duo

is as far as i have heard the only one with obd plug

Actually there are about 4-5 OBD Korean dashcam model out there up to date, but they are not yet so widely sold outside Korea.
Lukas is the most known outside Korea dashcam brand that uses OBD. It has good English language support and positive feedback from buyers.

head up there is a new version firmware and viewer for the LK9700 duo also updates for various Lukas cameras ........Ipol

Video shot in 1080p - daylight in Irvine, CA

My windshield was dirty so it's not exactly the best picture. This is on a 2014 Honda Odyssey using the OBD II port. I am missing the throttle position, gear and steering. However it does show brake, turn signal and speed.

Last edited:
Hi I am interested to get this dashcam. Can I flash the English firmware on Korean version LK-9700? Coz the Korean version is little bit cheaper.

Back