2CH Panorama X2. FullHD + FullHD ( 256Gb ). Sony Exmor CMOS. WDR. GPS. 24/7 Parking Mode Rec.

I've not had any issues with parking mode yet - are you still using just time cutoff or also voltage?

It might be worth @Sungmoon Jang adding debug text file logging to the firmware so at least at this early stage of the camera lifespan there would be a log of what the camera thought it was doing to make life easier for him debugging memory / process errors and things like the camera shutting off it could just write to the log before turning off.

Power saver is off. Parking timer is off.

Nothing changed once I installed 17 firmware.

I agree a text file /debugger would be boss.

I just confirmed that enhanced 64GB/128GB formatting & general file system compatibility is in the works. (along with the other new enhanced settings/features) @Dionic90 keep us posted with the parkingmode behavior, I'm not able to duplicate it so far. It could be a beta 17 anomaly as you said.

Same here, today my camera was in parking mode from 8am to 7:30pm at work and no shut down.

I encountered that same grey box on screen as well with it being exFAT 64gb samsung and also SanDisk Ultra 64gb.

if I format it via SmartDisk to fat32, it just wouldnt detect it, later back to exFAT it reads it again.

I had my first encounter with this memory card issue today. The little grey box popped up when I turn on the engine. I took the card out and put it in Windows; it said the card is not formatted. Now, going to try exFAT. Using Transcend 64 that comes with the package.

ok cam was recording fine when i walked out to the vehicle. i had the 128gb cards in there. once i got home i swapped with the 64gb cards for overnight surveillance. i will see in the AM if the cam is still operating normally.

if so, perhaps it was a bad /faulty write to the front card that caused the cam to shut off. will report back...

tilted the cam up more to get a bit less hood/dash and still have the blown out highlights...

blown out.jpg test1.jpg test2.jpg

I don't know how close you have to get to get the dimming to kick in as so far I've not managed to get that to kick in.

I had mine pointing even higher than that while testing - I'll get you some sample pictures up.

ALL 64gb and above cards are classified as SDXC / exFAT

As mentioned above, so long I use SDXC + exFAT too long, there will be a grey outline box that happened to you previously as well.

The whole camera will then seize recording and freeze at times..

Nevertheless, anyone tried using SDXC + fat32 on firmware 15 and 17? Any success? Mine seem to totally unable to detect the card at all so long it's SDXC formatted on Fat32

Or older firmwares like 08 or 12 supports SDXC + Fat32 format?

Tried 64G with FAT32 and had the same issue; froze, grey box in center. Now trying out exFAT.

Also when you're getting the grey box on exFAT have you tried running a chkdsk on the card in a PC to see if there are filesystem problems?

When I had the grey box, once I popped in the card, Windows asked me to format it before it can be used. Is there a way to perform chkdsk on the cards?

That's strange - if there's no filesystem chkdsk won't work as it will just complain that it's a raw disk.

It's strange how the microSD went from being FAT32 to RAW though - that's some serious corruption to do that.

When you remove the cards you do so by turning the car off to get the camera into parking mode and then pressing within the red box to turn the X2 off and waiting five or ten seconds to make sure everything has been flushed correctly?

That's strange - if there's no filesystem chkdsk won't work as it will just complain that it's a raw disk.

It's strange how the microSD went from being FAT32 to RAW though - that's some serious corruption to do that.

When you remove the cards you do so by turning the car off to get the camera into parking mode and then pressing within the red box to turn the X2 off and waiting five or ten seconds to make sure everything has been flushed correctly?
The incidence I had was I turned on the ignition and the grey box appeared. I got home and unplug the camera as it was frozen and I couldn't do anything about it. But as far as I see it, the file system on the card was already corrupted the last time I parked my car or something happened during parking mode recording. I have no idea what's going on.

I've just thought actually - @DashCamMan is it possible to get a private forum please for Powerucc beta testing that we could use like we have for other vendors so a lot of this stuff could go in there?

These are still in beta and just thinking the issues being reported here could be separate threads in there?

The incidence I had was I turned on the ignition and the grey box appeared. I got home and unplug the camera as it was frozen and I couldn't do anything about it. But as far as I see it, the file system on the card was already corrupted the last time I parked my car or something happened during parking mode recording. I have no idea what's going on.
And when the card is run through h2testw it all comes back as ok after a format? It really is strange this one. Does it ever read ok in exFAT in your PC?

The Gray box freeze seems to be related to = / > 64GB cards. I'm gathering / reporting all facts & patterns to the developer. I'm confident this will be addressed in a new firmware update.

Niko, any takes on the SDXC / Fat32 problem with X2?

Niko, any takes on the SDXC / Fat32 problem with X2?
I have only one 64Gb MicroSDXC card, so can not give objective answer on how well X2 will work with 2 x 64gb Fat32.

I have only one 64Gb MicroSDXC card, so can not give objective answer on how well X2 will work with 2 x 64gb Fat32.
But SDXC + FAT32 can be supported on the latest firmware .17?

I tried SDXC formatting to FAT32, and it goes totally undetected on both firmware .15 and .17 o_O

Finaly I connected my x2 properly. I was impressed from video quality - it's amazing, but I found 2 issues:
1) rear camera motion detection doesn't work in parking mode (front is ok)
2) G sensor in driving mode is too sensitive - even at low setting is activating in normal driving conditions (roundabouts, corners, etc). Had to turn it off, otherwise is recording event every 5 minutes.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B X2 0
B X2 9
L X2 2
E X2 2
Joelinnh X2 2
Back