2CH Panorama X2. FullHD + FullHD ( 256Gb ). Sony Exmor CMOS. WDR. GPS. 24/7 Parking Mode Rec.

I'm waiting on buying a dash cam just on this. Curious on price and final night time quality. :)

night time files are posted. should be the best out there given the current hardware and memory capacity. i was going to get the aw2 as i like the design of that system, but the x2's hardware is status quo in the dashcam industry currently. the aw2 was last years flagship.

Come on take my money already!! :) .

Would really love to get this before mid-october. Possible?.

@Pier28 maybe this would be better for me to test than the mirror cam (and I'm always willing to pay for early access). I do love how powerucc doesn't sacrifice video quality but form factor is very important to me. As some of you guys know theft has been an issue for me but I also want to record in parking mode so something not huge in my window is important.

I'm only on my phone until Monday but that looks clear on the phone screen.

Is the field of view smaller than old Panoramas? It looks tighter?

Looking forward to seeing more night footage and hearing hands on experiences :)

I'm only on my phone until Monday but that looks clear on the phone screen.

Is the field of view smaller than old Panoramas? It looks tighter?

Looking forward to seeing more night footage and hearing hands on experiences :)

Yes, 120 degree (medium wide, instead of super wide)

Did your sample land yet mate? I'm getting twitchy with the Visa :p

Plate recognition will be better then - saying that every raw sample so far looked great on the X2!

Did your sample land yet mate? I'm getting twitchy with the Visa :p

Plate recognition will be better then - saying that every raw sample so far looked great on the X2!

Not yet, momentum is building! I'm excited too, this is only the beginning of what's to come in 2015

Here's a new night still frame shot example.

QI0RTBN.jpg

still see mosquito noise type artifacts in the imagery, thats disappointing but the night time video is legible/good. looks like what I am getting out of the pano g at the moment.

im ASSuming this was 1920X1080 @30fps?? what is the technical specs of the video?

whats the sensor? same as in the G? forgive me if this info has been posted...

The G is the IMX122 and the X2 is the IMX322 - an improved drop in replacement!

The IMX122 sensors do only go to 1920x1080@30fps - the 222 did 40fps (although the specs say fields per second) but not sure about the 322.

For higher frame rates you'd be looking at the IMX136 / IMX236 - think they've been tested but not sure what the outcome was - they're bigger sensors which push the cost and size up too.

What I've really liked watching as an observer is that the Panorama cameras are always improved throughout their lifespan via constant firmware tweaks unlike a lot of other vendors - Sungmoon really takes pride in his work :)

Rick does the same with his stuff - so you know you're going to end up with a good product.

Back