2CH Panorama X2. FullHD + FullHD ( 256Gb ). Sony Exmor CMOS. WDR. GPS. 24/7 Parking Mode Rec.

$535.95 with the discount code + CPL to get it delivered in EU with the cheapest method... and without the customs (could be up to a $700 total).

The X2 seems interesting, but the cost is around $200 much more than the other products to get it in EU :(

once there's an EU distributor I'm sure it would be more competitive, sending something to one side of the world and then back to the other isn't going to be the most cost effective solution

Is there any suitable distributer in eu?
Hope to find the suitable.

I don't know, but I guess this is more a niche market right now in the EU. Like LED flashlights (for Olight, or most Cree-based flashlights), where some people have created their mini-enterprises (self-employment) to be able to distribute them.

Yeah we need a EU seller, importing a X2 from the US to Denmark will make it very expensive ( bordering on the worlds most expensive 2 channel dashcam )

+ import duties + 25% salex tax, things get expensive quick here :(

EDIT: using Danish customs calculator and assuming shipping from the US to DK cost 20 dollars, the 64 GB bundle from "P28" will end up costing 758,28 USD :eek: :( :oops: :mad: ( the last angry smily is offcourse diected at my self in the face of what i have allowed my country to become )

Last edited:
needs an EU agent, doesn't make sense to double up all the taxes and handling costs, would be much more competitive if handled closer to home for you guys

Yep, and in a EU country with a lower than our 25% sales tax as we dont have to pay the difference or import duties when importing from other EU country.

Just pay and be happy :D if i could i would even buy my food in another EU country, for me there is no need to support the current Danish "welfare" system.

@darck & @kamkar1 Here are the correct shipping costs to France and Denmark. I had the shipping weight as being set over 2lbs (wrong guess) but it's actually under at 1.6lbs.
$20 USD isn't too bad, and First Class has been pretty fast across the pond lately. This is fully insured with tracking.

oBVsINS.png

ZJEHth3.png

@Pier28 : The shipping cost is actually marginal compared to the total costs. The price would be acceptable if the $540 included the VAT. But with a shipment from outside the EU :
  • The risk of getting "caught" by the customs is very high at this price point (and their random fees + your local VAT)
  • You always have the issue with the after sell service
    • for instance, we have a mandatory 2-year warranty in France, and the shipping costs if you have to do a RMA is covered by the seller
@kamkar1 : You are going to be sad, because the VAT rules will change in the EU for 2015. The VAT paid by a EU customer will have to be the one from its country (and then be collected in that country). That means the resellers will have to apply your high VAT for the products you buy... They made this change because companies like Amazon are cheating on the VAT by not repaying it to their customer's countries.

don't forget even if there was an EU distributor they still need to pay all the taxes and charges etc, everything in the EU is more expensive as a result so direct comparisons to other markets are never going to work, still won't end up the same price

Last edited:
Damm EU, i have never been a fan of what it have become, the original idea as a trade organization was okay, but the way it is now just make me :mad:

Cheating on tax is the national sport here, many big companies pay a big fat zero in tax for ther branches here,

"for instance, we have a mandatory 2-year warranty in France, and the shipping costs if you have to do a RMA is covered by the seller" same here.

Oh this is nice. Was going to pick up the BlackVue750 but this is much more interesting. This checks off everything on my list. High bitrate, gps, dual cam, built in battery cut off (Is this adjustable for those of us in colder climates or have a heavier crank needs?).

My only real nitpick about the unit is the straight rear USB cord for the camera. I would prefer 90 degree but since the rear cam swivels I understand why it is better that it is straight for that purpose.

I would become a repeat buyer if there is a concealed dual (or quad) channel camera setup getting tested through here.

The Panorama X2 is now officially for sale. All pre-orders will be shipped tomorrow. (Monday)

New X2 pricing. (same price as if you used the previous pre-order discount code)
https://shop.pier28.com/index.php/dashcams.html
You will see a new à la carte SKU as well.
(again no discount code needed)

To thank all the pre-order customers that already used the old x2preorder discount code, we will be including free spare black 3M sticky mounts in these original pre-orders.
This is in addition to the clear one that is already included. ($10.95 value to say thanks)
m4TTt4H.png

We look forward to making the Panorama X2 a success.

Last edited:
Oh this is nice. Was going to pick up the BlackVue750 but this is much more interesting. This checks off everything on my list. High bitrate, gps, dual cam, built in battery cut off (Is this adjustable for those of us in colder climates or have a heavier crank needs?).

My only real nitpick about the unit is the straight rear USB cord for the camera. I would prefer 90 degree but since the rear cam swivels I understand why it is better that it is straight for that purpose.

I would become a repeat buyer if there is a concealed dual (or quad) channel camera setup getting tested through here.

yes the voltage is adjustable in the setup menu. See Page 18:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z2o9537ludgcahg/panoramaX2_Eng_manual DRAFT #11.pdf?dl=0

Does any know if the Pano 2 GPS module work with the X2?

Great! Three questions though.

1. Any news on an earlier post on the difference in brightness between the front unit camera and the rear camera?

2. How exactly easy is hard wiring? Never done any hard wiring and definitely need some guide to avoid bricking the X2 or damaging my vehicles. I don't know about others, but for me, this is about the only "issue" right now holding me back from a purchase.

3. Is there a built-in prevention in the unit to prevent draining the battery once it's hard wired?

Great! Three questions though.

1. Any news on an earlier post on the difference in brightness between the front unit camera and the rear camera?

2. How exactly easy is hard wiring? Never done any hard wiring and definitely need some guide to avoid bricking the X2 or damaging my vehicles. I don't know about others, but for me, this is about the only "issue" right now holding me back from a purchase.

3. Is there a built-in prevention in the unit to prevent draining the battery once it's hard wired?

1) latest firmware tuned the front to be as good as the back.

2) if you want parking mode in any DashCam hardwire installation is required. You may seek professional installation. Hopefully someone whips up a YouTube video walk through soon for DIY but each car is slightly different.

3) yes the built in battery discharge prevention voltage is adjustable in the setup menu. See Page 18:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z2o9537ludgcahg/panoramaX2_Eng_manual DRAFT #11.pdf?dl=0

Thanks Jon. I'll keep looking around for a tutorial on hard wiring. I understand each car may be different, I just need a basic understanding and I'll be able to DIY. Someone posted using an cigarette adapter from Radio Shack and I may look into that for the time being.

Back