3 Beeps

Squishy

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'm having trouble with my Mini 0806 where it beeps three times then turns off. I sometimes have loop recording turned off. Is that the reason why? It does say in the manual that it'll still loop even if the setting is turned off. It just doesn't segment the video files.

If loop is off, maybe the SD card is full and it doesn't have space to record anymore.
Format the card and see if that's the case.

Thanks. I'll give that a try.

I just read it again, it says max is 4 GB when the setting is off. Does that mean it'll record a 4 GB file then turn off?

Thanks. I'll give that a try.

I just read it again, it says max is 4 GB when the setting is off. Does that mean it'll record a 4 GB file then turn off?
Max 4gb per file that's the property of FAT system.
It will break/save videos to that size if it's longer/greater than that.

Figured it out after some testing! The issue really is that it only records a 4 GB file (a little over 1/2 hr of recording) when Loop Recording is set to "Off" and then the Mini 0806 will turn itself off.

Figured it out after some testing! The issue really is that it only records a 4 GB file (a little over 1/2 hr of recording) when Loop Recording is set to "Off" and then the Mini 0806 will turn itself off.
I was thinking it should start another clip but too bad that it stops completely.

I was thinking it should start another clip but too bad that it stops completely.

it should start another recording, a lot of cameras have this fault so they're not alone with this problem, that said turning loop recording off defeats the purpose of a dahscam anyway

The limit is due to the use of the FAT file system, are you using FAT or exFAT which doesn't have that limit? I wouldn't be surprised if it has the limit anyway but I've not heard of it being tested...

Even if it did work you would end up using Loop Recording anyway, a dashcam that stops recording because the memory is full is not desirable.

I'm having trouble with my Mini 0806 where it beeps three times then turns off.
I just bought this dash cam about 3 weeks ago (my first!) and already I'm experiencing the same problems as you have just described! My intention is to give the camera a few short trial runs to and from the shops and see how it works (and tweak it for optimum performance if necessary).

I've also loaded a (formatted FAT32) 128GB micro SD card in Slot B which I setup from the menu; and for the first few days, it recorded just fine and the picture quality was pretty good during the daytime and also under low lighting conditions on dark, unlit roads. Then, after the bleeps started a couple of days ago, the camera turned itself off whilst on one of these short trips. I ejected the card and plugged it into my card viewer to play it back on my computer, only to find that the video footage was not viewable: the files on Registrator Viewer came back as "damaged - codec not found" and not even clicking on the "repair file" on-screen button can bring back the missing codec!

If [as Squishy said], that the 0806 only records a 4 GB file (assuming that's the internal memory!), what's the point in having a larger-capacity memory card if the camera cuts out after 4GB? Isn't the whole issue with using a higher-capacity card to circumvent this restriction?

I was hoping to have the 0806 record my longer road trip in a few weeks' time; but it looks now that it's going to be a problem!

Suggestions on what to do next, please, anyone....?

you need to set it to recycle, larger cards just means it will hold more footage before it will start to recycle, it's not intended to make giant files, that would be counterproductive as you'd find them difficult to work with

try it with a 32gb or smaller card and see how it behaves if you have no joy with the larger cards

you need to set it to recycle, larger cards just means it will hold more footage before it will start to recycle, it's not intended to make giant files, that would be counterproductive as you'd find them difficult to work with

try it with a 32gb or smaller card and see how it behaves if you have no joy with the larger cards

I have the files set to record on 1-minute segments from the camera menu; and what's more, I have only been out on just a few short distances. This is why I can't understand why those bleeps came on so soon with a 128 GB card loaded. I'm aware after reading all the reviews on the 0806 and other dash cams, that none were intended to make giant files; and hence the 1-minute segments to make working with them more manageable during editing.

At this stage, I began ejecting the card every 2 days to upload its contents to view on Registrator Viewer; and at the same time, deleting the card's contents to free up extra space there. This in turn means that I have a "fresh" card when I re-load it into the camera.

do as Nigel suggested and run the card through that test software, a lot of fakes getting around and your description is consistent with a card related issue

do as Nigel suggested and run the card through that test software, a lot of fakes getting around and your description is consistent with a card related issue

Thanks for the tip! I'll check it out in the morning and report back!

Change the setting for Loop Recording to either 3 Minutes or 5 Minutes and that should fix it.

Looks like Loop Recording set to "off" only records a 4 GB file then stops.

Kelvin

Oops! Missed that. Thanks for pointing that out jokiin. My guess is to try another card if you have another lying around. It sounds like the Mini 0806 will beep 3 times if it cannot record to the card anymore for any reason.

Kelvin

Back