3 seconds later....

In my old town the #2 largest in Denmark, there are on the ring road close to the ghettos, one particular intersection called the death intersection, where red light are not respected much,
Now there is sensors there so they can say for sure that since March 1, 3436 cars have run a red light there, that is 163 a day ( article written 5 days ago )

Putting up a red light camera there have been on the books for years but nothing happen, and i am also sure if they put one up it will immediately get vandalized, CUZ they have tested such cameras before in 8 intersections in town, and they was taken down in the end.
BUT ! the town also have 1 fixed speed camera, as far as i know this have never been vandalized, but then again its on the North end of the City, the death intersection are right smack in between 3 of the countrys most know ghetto areas.

It is clear to me as long as problem solving are left to the traditional ways,,,, nothing will ever change.
I am thinking very close to the intersection, there are a 1 floor building with a flat roof, put a sniper up there with orders to deal swift punishment to all that run a red light.

Problem solved in a month.

Hi,
I think that your suggestion to "employ" a sniper may be just a tad "over-the-top."

You'll never really stop a consistent red light runner.

That is....until they hit some damn great truck/excavator/tractor or whatever & come off, 2nd best or worse.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I watched a local "Highway Patrol" TV show the other night & they stopped a lady who was about 60 YO or so.
She did not stop at the orange light that displayed for about 5 seconds before she got to the stop line & she just kept going.
She had traveled approximately 1/2 way across the intersection when the light turned red.

The police car which was also stopped at the intersection immediately turned their flashing red & blue lights on & pursued
her up the road.

She argued that it was O.K to go through an orange light when safe to do so.

The policeman told her that she'd had enough time & distance to stop at the stop line & not to proceed through an orange light.

I believe it cost the lady about $350.00 AUD & 3 demerit points.
-------------------------------
I think she learned her lesson.
:)

Back