3CH files names are off by as much as 8 seconds - is that normal?

erkme73

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
a119v3 x 4
I don't drive much, and I've only had the T130 for about a month - so my experience with the 3-in-1 design is very limited.

Has any one had issues with the time stamp / file names being off my multiple seconds?

1675049896515.png
I'm using DVPlayer to review clips, and when the filenames are this far apart, it makes playback wonky (I'm working with the DVplayer developer separately on a work around). But it got me thinking that perhaps the issue is with the recorder and how it closes files from the three cameras. A second difference between the three seems reasonable, but EIGHT? Just wondering if this is normal, or if it may be pointing to a problem (hardware or configuration-wise).

I don't drive much, and I've only had the T130 for about a month - so my experience with the 3-in-1 design is very limited.

Has any one had issues with the time stamp / file names being off my multiple seconds?

View attachment 63858
I'm using DVPlayer to review clips, and when the filenames are this far apart, it makes playback wonky (I'm working with the DVplayer developer separately on a work around). But it got me thinking that perhaps the issue is with the recorder and how it closes files from the three cameras. A second difference between the three seems reasonable, but EIGHT? Just wondering if this is normal, or if it may be pointing to a problem (hardware or configuration-wise).
I looked at my saved records from the three-channel T130 and did not notice this anywhere.

I never noticed this, though probably due to me rarely using a dedicated dashcam player, so it might have been there when i tested the T130 back in the day.

I looked at my saved records from the three-channel T130 and did not notice this anywhere.

I never noticed this, though probably due to me rarely using a dedicated dashcam player, so it might have been there when i tested the T130 back in the day.

Interesting. I wonder if there's an issue with the card. Just today I got repeated beeping, then "3-channel record started" about every minute or so. I unplugged the rear, at which point it stopped doing that. Then I plugged in the rear again and it hasn't repeated. Not a warm and fuzzy feeling.

I did test quite a few cards in the T130, as i always do to be able to advise on this. but it seem like i have forgotten to make a thread on memory cards in the T130 forum.
Also seem like my last post in my thread was when my rear window broke for no apparent reason. ( December 20121 )
But as i recall the T130 too wasent particular fussy about cards.

Memory cards can suddenly throw a tantrum or even just be weird right off the bat.
I never forget, back in the old days i almost only used 32 GB Kingston cards, and i had several of the exact same card, but one of them just would not work in a camera of mine, but another card of the same size and model worked fine, and the stupid card well it worked just fine in other cameras.
So when things start to act up, the very first thing i do is to run tests on the card, and most times that is where i find the problem.
But i have also tested cameras that was unusual when it come to memory cards, and it was a struggle to just fine 1 card in my collection that would work properly.

I still have the T130 lying somewhere in a box, if you like me to test something in it here in the living room.

Interesting. I wonder if there's an issue with the card. Just today I got repeated beeping, then "3-channel record started" about every minute or so. I unplugged the rear, at which point it stopped doing that. Then I plugged in the rear again and it hasn't repeated. Not a warm and fuzzy feeling.
If the memory card is weak and does not pull recording from 3 channels, then this will happen.
If the memory card is weak and does not pull the recording at all, then the DVR starts to restart.

I did test quite a few cards in the T130, as i always do to be able to advise on this. but it seem like i have forgotten to make a thread on memory cards in the T130 forum.
Also seem like my last post in my thread was when my rear window broke for no apparent reason. ( December 20121 )
But as i recall the T130 too wasent particular fussy about cards.

Memory cards can suddenly throw a tantrum or even just be weird right off the bat.
I never forget, back in the old days i almost only used 32 GB Kingston cards, and i had several of the exact same card, but one of them just would not work in a camera of mine, but another card of the same size and model worked fine, and the stupid card well it worked just fine in other cameras.
So when things start to act up, the very first thing i do is to run tests on the card, and most times that is where i find the problem.
But i have also tested cameras that was unusual when it come to memory cards, and it was a struggle to just fine 1 card in my collection that would work properly.

I still have the T130 lying somewhere in a box, if you like me to test something in it here in the living room.

Thanks for the offer. I'm ok with just observing my own for now. Since this timing issue doesn't seem to be a systemic/common issue, I know to watch a little more closely

If the memory card is weak and does not pull recording from 3 channels, then this will happen.
If the memory card is weak and does not pull the recording at all, then the DVR starts to restart.

That makes sense. Though, it be a shame since it's a brand new 256gb Samsung Pro + card. I'll drop it back down to the many spare 128gb Samsung Pro or Sandisk high endurance cards I have laying around if the sync problems get any worse, or if I continue to have the restarts.

That makes sense. Though, it be a shame since it's a brand new 256gb Samsung Pro + card. I'll drop it back down to the many spare 128gb Samsung Pro or Sandisk high endurance cards I have laying around if the sync problems get any worse, or if I continue to have the restarts.

Most know I was having a hard time battling this problem, but I believe it is resolved.
The first problem was using a 256gb Sandisk High Endurance card (which I only found out after purchasing) is not recommended by Viofo
I then purchased a 256gb Samsung Pro Endurance card and it worked well for a time.
The second problem was that whenever I take the card out of the camera, view on pc, and put it back.. it will start boot looping such as yours.
After the recommendation of @CaptureYourAction to format the card before re-inserting in the cam, I have not had an issue to date.
Just some ideas for troubleshooting if you're still having that problem, although, it could also be hardware related.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/rebooting-and-boot-loop-problems.48168/post-586330

I've noticed this with multiple Viofo dashcams and it's an annoyance when trying to make YouTube videos and have multiple angles synced. When I asked Viofo about this (and I've asked several times, heh), they say that there's some technical restrictions that make it difficult for them to ensure that multiple angles are perfectly synced. I don't know the details, but yeah.

I never really look at the time stamp, i always browse bulk footage by the "F" suffix on the front camera, and then i know the 2 behind it are Internal and Rear camera from the same.
Also as i tend to drive the same routes again and again, if i have a new system and want to do a plate capture video from one of the usual spots, well i tend to go by the number of files in i have to go, and this are pretty accurate for me as i have done it for so long,
Also i cant say i have often mixed footage from the 2 / 3 cameras of the same time frame, so have never noticed if there was a inconsistency here.

It is actually rare i look at the Internal camera footage, as why would i, its just me sitting there driving. This might secretly be fueled by my dislike for the selfie people of the world.

I dont personally feel this is a major problem as long as there are no gaps in the individual cameras footage.

Back