T130 user survey

Karagandinez

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dash Cam
Viofo & Vantrue
Request to T130 users. Please answer a few questions.
1. Which manufacturer's memory card are you using.
2. What is the capacity of the memory card.
3. Have you had problems with the memory card.

- SanDisk High Endurance 256GB, used few days. Had not not worked more than 1 or 2 hours before camera started to reboot itself continuously. Just garbage.

-SanDisk A1 Ultra 128GB, used for about 6 months with no problem, after it was used 5,6 years on a A119S.

-SanDisk A1 Ultra 256GB, used for about 7 months with no problem. Still using it.

Note that i am not using the latest firmware wich has reduced filming bitrates.

Samsung Evo Select 256GB (White Green one). After 6 months the camera decided it didn't like the card anymore and stopped recording. Did a quick and full format but still not usable in the T130. Funnily enough it works in other devices without any issue but not the T130.
Got a Viofo 256GB card for the T130 that works fine.
The blue Samsung Evo Select 256GB I got in another cam still works fine and is working with the T130 too.
Two other people that I know and got the T130 with the Samsung Evo Select 256GB and they have no issues.

1. Sandisk High Endurance
2. 256GB
3. Constant rebooting while driving and tried two separate cards

1. Samsung Pro Endurance
2. 256GB
3. It's been about a week or so, no rebooting whatsoever, but will continue to monitor

SanDisk Extreme 256gb
Replaced the rear camera and cable and this dam thing stops and starts recording by itself again. I'm done with this thing. One problem after another. I want it replaced or I'm done with Viofo as well. This has been a very poor user experience. @viofo @VIOFO-Support

We confirmed the SanDisk high endurance is not compatible with T130, the MAX endurance is no problem.

SanDisk Extreme 256gb
Replaced the rear camera and cable and this dam thing stops and starts recording by itself again. I'm done with this thing. One problem after another. I want it replaced or I'm done with Viofo as well. This has been a very poor user experience. @viofo @VIOFO-Support
Sorry for the unexpected issue.
How is reaching us by a TICKET?

We confirmed the SanDisk high endurance is not compatible with T130, the MAX endurance is no problem.
I figured that out on my own months ago while you were having me replace every sd card that I bought. I've spent over $100 on SD cards, replaced the rear camera and cable and it STILL stops and starts recording by itself. Is it time to replace the actual camera yet?!?! Thanks!

Regards,

Eric
DJ Froggy

1. SanDisk Ultra Plus
2. 64GB
3. No issues so far. Only using since it's what I had. Will pick up 256 after reviewing recommendations on here.

Sorry for the unexpected issue.
How is reaching us by a TICKET?
Ok I made a ticket and Viofo told me that I need to ship it to their center in California and that once they get the tracking number from me, they'll send me a replacement camera. The problem is that I'm a rideshare driver and won't drive without a dashcam. I think @viofo should have a warranty program specifically for rideshare drivers where you wouldn't have to go without a dashcam if a repair is needed. I could even see paying $5-$10 a month for a service like that. Could be something to think about Viofo. What does everyone think?

I am in general not happy with my purchase of the T130. I should've went with the A139 3 channel.
Ok I made a ticket and Viofo told me that I need to ship it to their center in California and that once they get the tracking number from me, they'll send me a replacement camera. The problem is that I'm a rideshare driver and won't drive without a dashcam. I think @viofo should have a warranty program specifically for rideshare drivers where you wouldn't have to go without a dashcam if a repair is needed. I could even see paying $5-$10 a month for a service like that. Could be something to think about Viofo. What does everyone think?
We have a second solution in the case, could you please communicate with us by TICKET ?

I created the same topic on the Russian forum.
Here is what the user "Λ L Ξ X" writes:
Memory card: Kingston Canvas Go Plus 256 Gb.
Year of work without interruption. The recorder and the card worked at an outside air temperature of +50°C in a closed car in the parking mode.

I created the same topic on the Russian forum.
Here is what the user "Λ L Ξ X" writes:
@viofo agreed to send me a new T130 camera unit itself. I knew from the beginning that it was the main unit but they have their troubleshooting procedures which I understand. In this case. they delayed the necessary fix by about 30 days. They said it takes 12 days for a camera to reach me from China and if I pay $35 for DHL express, I'll only get it 2 or 3 days sooner. Not worth it. They should use a USA warranty center as well and not just China. Oh well, I'm done w Viofo. On to the next dashcam.

@viofo agreed to send me a new T130 camera unit itself. I knew from the beginning that it was the main unit but they have their troubleshooting procedures which I understand. In this case. they delayed the necessary fix by about 30 days. They said it takes 12 days for a camera to reach me from China and if I pay $35 for DHL express, I'll only get it 2 or 3 days sooner. Not worth it. They should use a USA warranty center as well and not just China. Oh well, I'm done w Viofo. On to the next dashcam.
It seems that Viofo always promptly resolved issues... Maybe there was a delay due to the holidays?

Maybe I said I was done a little prematurely. I'll try out the replacement and then as soon as it starts to start and stop recording by itself, I'll switch brands lol.
Give it a try.
I never had any issues with Viofo expect for the one sd card it didn't like.

Back