4ch x 1080p/30fps/15mbps, 4 x A7LA50D / AR0330, Bluesonic BS-F010 "Спрут", "Octopus"

What I would like to see, for stealth, is water proof cameras, ones that go on the license plate, or be a license plate frame. Wires could run to the screws you install in your license plate.
And it be built in on the frame, and could easily put an SD card in the frame, wireless, and all options needed without anything looking out of the ordinary.
You could even install 3 cameras, 2 telted to the left and right, and one pointing straight forward.
Same would apply for the back.

As for side cameras.... We would just need something that attaches to the door outside. Some sort of trim. Than goes to under neath the car so you can have a starting point to run your wires to hook up to the dash cam.

Also, everything needs to be ran threw one wire. including the power.

We do have wireless charging now, so everything could be truely wireless.

A really good place to put the other two cameras would be right under your mirrors, so you get the side views.???

Its no problem to make externally used waterproof cameras for dashcam purpose, but question is: who is going to clean them ? ;)

who is going to clean them ? ;)

panhandling-window-washer-23763754.jpg

Are they come as a dashcams "optional accessories"?
In this case plz 4, with "specs" 90-60-90, 170-180cm tall, C-cup, all blonds, wearing bikinis. :D

Last edited:
Well, Cameras are outside all the time, and stay clean. I would think this would be more benificial. Who wouldn't want the dashcam setup the way I said it to be?
I bet every person would and would be the #1 best seller

Well, Cameras are outside all the time, and stay clean. I would think this would be more benificial. Who wouldn't want the dashcam setup the way I said it to be?
sure, fixed on buildings and not moving, they mostly stay clean. ever watched an auto race where they show onboard footage? notice how quick they get dirty, and then have some mechanism to move a clean piece of plexi in front of the lens? open wheel drivers also have tearoffs on their faceplates to give themselves a clean view with little effort.

are you saying there isn't a speck of dirt/muck/bugs on your front bumper? and since you're in the great white north, surely the back of your car is spotless too, especially in winter. (end sarcasm)

having the camera mounted inside makes them cheaper since they dont have to be sealed or ruggedized, and usually the driver can keep the windows clean/clear via wipers and/or defrosters.

who can build the unbuildable?

Bills Great Ideas:
are wonderful but also need to be realistic, and possible

================================================
he is right about the side mirrors tho
a good place for the 2 side cameras
and that license plate frame idea, not new, but he is thinking outside the box
it might be something to entertain.
Most Cars Have 2 Side Mirrors, with Space inside?
has someone checked the open space on side mirrors for testing?
thereafter it might be only a small discreet hole on the side mirror housing no one will see,
it will be protected from theft and weather,
mounting under the side mirrors is a bust
that wont last 1 day, someone will think its funny to tear it right off!
users benefits. He says, stay tuned, more to come,

Last edited:
They are already using a side mirrors with cameras, but those are for 360 degree parking mode.

Here's how Honda added a camera to the side mirror on the current accord:
LaneWatch.png
it's only used when you turn on your signal to help check your blind spot:

2015-honda-accord-hybrid-sedan-blindspot-camera.jpg

Back license plate would be fine too, would just be the front, maybe when you stop at a gast station, use the window washer deal they got, and wipe your plate to clean it
All in all, 3 out of the 4 are taken care of. Or the 4th one can be put on the mirror inside?

If you're putting the rear facing cam inside you might as well put all 4 inside in one unit and keep costs down. I've suggested putting all 4 into the rearview to keep it safe inside as well as stealthy. For an all in one unit this seems like the most likely to actually get built IMHO.

If you fit cams to the rearview mirror, they need to be external so they rotate to get the best viewing angle.
Cars tend to be much darker inside when in bright daylight - this would play havoc with the rear & side cams - and why front cams tend to be fairly close to the windscreen.
A rear cam on the mirror would mostly capture driver and passenger.

Many years ago we had a spate of burglaries at my workplace. The powers that be installed a CCTV system where the cameras were the size of screwheads in standard sockets. All wall mounted outside lights had conduit junction boxes fitted just below them & each box had a cover with one real screw & one camera - quality was really good.
Mind you, looking at the mobius in front of me, the lens surround is quite large but the opening for the lens is only 7mm with another opening inside this of about 4mm. That's an easy install into a wing mirror - and a small plastic plug to hide the hole when you sell the car.

Its no problem to make externally used waterproof cameras for dashcam purpose, but question is: who is going to clean them ? ;)

we drove a couple of miles up to the pub in a rainy hail storm and parked up here....(external rear lens )

Look closely in HD and you ll see the bird come out that had been sat under the bushes (5 fps )

Last edited:
Niko is right. Keeping them clean is the big issue.

My vehicle came with 4 cameras (front, rear, mirrors), and whenever it rains or snows, the cameras become totally useless, and I have to wipe them manually.

Back