4K dashcam Recommendation

anu0512

Reaction score
Country
United Arab Emirates
Dear Users.

I am in search of a single 4K dashcam with a hardware kit that is similar to Viofo in terms of recording parking to a certain voltage and cutoff. The company should have excellent customer support and the ability to easily ship or be available in the UAE. The dashcam doesn’t fry in heat generally 4K will produce more heat and there chance of malfunction. I have found that Viofo and 70 Mai are easily available on Aliexpress at a better price.

Living in the hottest city of Dubai where temperatures can reach up to 50°C, I have encountered some issues with the Viofo A139pro dashcam, such as the mic becoming faulty, the power button getting stuck, stuck in parking mode, and experiencing restart issues. The temperature of the dashcam has reached 65.6°C. Despite these challenges, I found Viofo's customer support to be excellent their build-up quality much better than 70 Mai.

In comparison, the 70 Mai dashcam A800s, although it has less superior video quality than Viofo, has been working fine for me. The only issue I have encountered is that the battery dies within a year or two. However, having a hardware kit mitigates this problem.

I can go into further detail about my experiences with each brand if needed. I just shared my experience so it's easy for members to advise suitable for my usage.

What about Thinkware U3000?

What about Thinkware U3000?
I saw YouTube videos of safe drive solutions and it's looking good but shipping will be a hassle and I don't know about service support in case of malfunction so replacement will be quite difficult. It has a cloud which is not useful but it's a good feature.

IROAD are also supposed to be good heat resistant dash cams.
If Thinkware, or IROAD do not ship, or offer after sale support to UAE it looks like you will be stuck to using Chinese brands.

IROAD are also supposed to be good heat resistant dash cams.
If Thinkware, or IROAD do not ship, or offer after sale support to UAE it looks like you will be stuck to using Chinese brands.
Is there any comparison video between U3000 & IROAD X10 It also seems IROAD has not upgraded the hardware and is still using the Starvis 2 sensor.

Is there any comparison video between U3000 & IROAD X10 It also seems IROAD has not upgraded the hardware and is still using the Starvis 2 sensor.
@safedrivesolutions
Yo Ben,
Anu0512 needs a dash cam with high temperature tolerance.
Thinkware does not ship / support UAE.
Can you recommend any IROAD dash cams?

How quick are you buying. I am hoping very soon they will have STARVIS 2 4K. X10 is not starvis. They have there new X30 which is Starvis front and rear at 2K but not 4K

How quick are you buying. I am hoping very soon they will have STARVIS 2 4K. X10 is not starvis. They have there new X30 which is Starvis front and rear at 2K but not 4K
Well depends, do you have any idea about approx time frame for 4K starvis 2 and why IROAD dashcam comes in set not the single front dashcam?

Well depends, do you have any idea about approx time frame for 4K starvis 2 and why IROAD dashcam comes in set not the single front dashcam?
Yeah IROAD does tend to do the front and rear options only. I think it is mainly their accounts across the world asking for that. We sell probably 10 or 20 to 1 between front and rear vs front only. so it makes sense.

Any i
Yeah IROAD does tend to do the front and rear options only. I think it is mainly their accounts across the world asking for that. We sell probably 10 or 20 to 1 between front and rear vs front only. so it makes sense.
Any time frame when IROAD will be launching starvis 2 with 4K resolution?

Back