512 GW WiFi

Auld Reekie

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been trying to get connect my Android Phone via wifi to the 512 GW without success, the phone sees the NB SSID sometimes connect for a second or two then loses connection when I go to the Camviewer app. My phone is a Honor 9 running Android version 8.0.0 (Oreo) so it is not a old phone. Tried with and without connection to the rear cam but no joy. I've tried it with a Iphone 5s running IOS 11.4 which I believe is the latest IOS firmware at time of typing this post, still not connecting.

Enter my Android tablet which is a couple of years old Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tab S running Android version 6.01 (Marshmallow), this connects and works with no problem via wifi.

I am now wondering if it is the Nextbase firmware R21.6 that is causing the problem with the newer updated firmware for IOS & Android.
Is there another firmware update on the horizon that may resolve the above problems, assuming it is the NB R21.6 firmware.
I meant to add the WiFi connection worked before version R21. 6.

Last edited:
Been trying to get connect my Android Phone via wifi to the 512 GW without success, the phone sees the NB SSID sometimes connect for a second or two then loses connection when I go to the Camviewer app.
Check that you haven't got 'Smart network' or whatever it's called selected on your phone. This looks for an internet connection on the WiFi and if there is none it 'bombs out' and searches for a WiFi network that has an internet connection or switches to mobile data.
On my SG 9+ running Android 8.0.0 it comes up with a warning saying no internet connection. Just OK that.

PS. This is on my Blackvue 750 2CH but was similar on my 550 2CH and previous Android phones and suspect it might be a similar problem with the NB..

Last edited:
I've a Samsung S7 Edge and WiFi works fine.

Check that you haven't got 'Smart network' or whatever it's called selected on your phone. This looks for an internet connection on the WiFi and if there is none it 'bombs out' and searches for a WiFi network that has an internet connection or switches to mobile data.
On my SG 9+ running Android 8.0.0 it comes up with a warning saying no internet connection. Just OK that.

PS. This is on my Blackvue 750 2CH but was similar on my 550 2CH and previous Android phones and suspect it might be a similar problem with the NB..
I've got a wifi+ option, I assume that's the same, I'll try disabling that and let you know.

You were spot on M8TJT the WiFi + option was stopping it from working properly, it works a treat now, thanks for that tip.

Glad you sorted it. Now to see if I can find the same setting on my And. 8.0.0 SG S9+
See if Samsung call it the same.
Once mine had warned me that there was no internet and I had OK'd it, it just connects.

Been trying to get connect my Android Phone via wifi to the 512 GW without success, the phone sees the NB SSID sometimes connect for a second or two then loses connection when I go to the Camviewer app. My phone is a Honor 9 running Android version 8.0.0 (Oreo) so it is not a old phone. Tried with and without connection to the rear cam but no joy. I've tried it with a Iphone 5s running IOS 11.4 which I believe is the latest IOS firmware at time of typing this post, still not connecting.

Enter my Android tablet which is a couple of years old Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tab S running Android version 6.01 (Marshmallow), this connects and works with no problem via wifi.

I am now wondering if it is the Nextbase firmware R21.6 that is causing the problem with the newer updated firmware for IOS & Android.
Is there another firmware update on the horizon that may resolve the above problems, assuming it is the NB R21.6 firmware.
I meant to add the WiFi connection worked before version R21. 6.
I use my Honor 9 for connecting to the camera via WiFi. Couldn't initially when the camera was first installed but the firmware update sorted that. Running android 8 the same as you are. Running 21.6 on the 512gw as well.

So I suspect it's the camera causing the issue.

Although you could uninstall the nextbase app and reinstall it see if that sorts it and check your WiFi settings on phone as well.

Doh just read posts further down to find you have sorted it. Good that it's sorted now though.

Ha ha. That's so easily done. Happens from time to time!

Back