612GW

I just have a fuse box and its piggied into one of the 7.5 fuses. Works a treat.

Has anyone had any issues with the 612GW freezing upon boot after being left in the cold all day?

I have had this twice now recently when unlocking the car after work, which powers on the power sockets - the 612GW will then power on and then state that the battery was low and to connect the power lead, which was already connected via the mount, it then goes to a grey screen and becomes unresponsive to all buttons.

It will only recover once removed from the (now solid) mount and being reset using the reset button on the bottom of the unit.

The cam is on the latest 3.7 firmware and is using a Sandisk U3 128GB Ultra SD card which has been formatted by the 612GW, the car is a 67 plate BMW 330D and is wired to the socket under the glove box using the provided cigar lighter cable if that helps.

Anyone else having similar issues?

Any advice from NextBase - have I got a duff one?

Morning Andrew, have a look at this recent post in the nextbase forum: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/low-battery-on-nextbase-312gw.31822/

In this weather I’d advise to dismount the 612gw every evening & leave it inside a warm environment whilst we bear & grin the colder winter months to save your 612gw battery from possible damage. Having said that it is the new model & better spec etc so I’m suprised it hasn’t stood upto the recent nights in the cold. But there has been issues in the past with members dash cams having battery drain issues by letting it sit in their vehicle over night.

Has anyone had any issues with the 612GW freezing upon boot after being left in the cold all day?

I have had this twice now recently when unlocking the car after work, which powers on the power sockets - the 612GW will then power on and then state that the battery was low and to connect the power lead, which was already connected via the mount, it then goes to a grey screen and becomes unresponsive to all buttons.

It will only recover once removed from the (now solid) mount and being reset using the reset button on the bottom of the unit.

The cam is on the latest 3.7 firmware and is using a Sandisk U3 128GB Ultra SD card which has been formatted by the 612GW, the car is a 67 plate BMW 330D and is wired to the socket under the glove box using the provided cigar lighter cable if that helps.

Does this persist if you charge it for 2 hours inside your home? (Ignore this if its on a permanently live power supply).

I have had this issue, I am now on my second unit, my friend has also returned his due to numerous issues and has gone back to his 412gw.

I am so sorry to hear that @huffy0134 have you tried charging as above? Does it improve?

Tried charging the device indoors for a few hours and it lasts around 1 minute 40 seconds fully charged to flat. This is now my second unit my first unit also suffered the same fate. Massive shame because the device has potential to be a great dash cam it just has some annoying flaws that unfortunately make it too unreliable to depend upon in a crash.

Looking at various forums and the halfords review page I'm seeing others are also having similar issues and it currently holds a 2* rating. I hope you can resolve issues with future firmware updates and maybe the inclusion of a capacitor even as an add on somewhere in the wiring to assist the battery woes. I have many friends and family who between them own practically the range of nextbase products from my advice, the cheaper devices in your range actually seem to be the most reliable, I hope the feedback helps and I'm glad your actually on these pages replying to customers with proper responses rather than generic text.

My review is has potential to be great but at this time let down by some critical flaws.

1 minute 40!, OK when the whole team is in tomorrow @huffy0134 (providing we’re not snowed in) I’ll get back to you with some more information on this. We’re working on a firmware currently, not sure if you’ve seen me posting on another 612GW thread?

Thank you - it’s definitely as beneficial for us as much as it is for customers. Being able to see customer sharing their experiences, we wouldn’t normally get that privilege.

I put the 5.1 firmware update on recently, and the general night time view has improved. 4K viewing if you can.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Alarm man 612GW 25
D 612GW 9
L 612GW 12
megamih 612GW 20
Rickn55 612GW 7
Back