612GW

Noticed this this morning, I looked on the Nextbase website and their Vimeo - couldn't find anything. :D (Yes, two this's :p)

I wonder if they'll make an 812 superfast? :D

612gw is hopefully in the pipeline as the information from it sounds very interesting and a huge step up from the 412gw. I bet it will cost more than £200 though

I'm going to be controversial here.

I've been running a 402G for a couple of years now without issue. Nice sharp footage, no glare, etc.

I bought a 412GW because of the permanent hardwire solution, but, I'm finding the footage not as good. I've experimented with 1440 and 1080@60. Out of the box the windscreen glare was shocking but the polarising lens sort of fixed that. The 402 never needed any additional lenses.

I took a screendump of some new speed cameras near Heathrow but the image was 'wishy washy' and slightly blurred. I looked back to some previous 402G footage of the same camera setup and that was far clearer and sharper. I'll post both images next week when I'm back at the PC.

I'll stick with it for a while yet but I can see me, sadly, going back to my 402G.

I’ve owned the 402g in the past, sent it back to NB after 3 months of owning it as the battery was faulty and it wasn’t recording clips correctly. Once it was sent back to me about 6 months later it started to have issues again so I thought enough was enough and purchased the 412gw and never had any issues with mine. Agree about the glare issue with the 412gw, I may have to consider buying the lens glare eventually

Hi all,

The 612GW will be with stores at the end of next week.

@Tony lovelock yes I think it is going to be in that price region, it is honestly a fantastic unit though. I definitely recommend popping into Halfords to take a look when its available.

Any press release sneak peak pics of product information?

Crikey that looks the dogs doodahs!!!

Oooh to see one in action... The drool on peoples faces.... The look of amazement!!!

:jawdrop:

Can I part exchange my month old 412 :(

@J-K it doesn’t no, only the 512GW supports the rear cam.

@SimulatorSam not too long, the latest firmware for the 512GW (14.6) includes the rear-cam software. When I have an exact date I’ll be in touch.

I’m sure you could put the 412GW in the rear @Kremmen :-D then the 612GW in the front.

Ta

I have thought about the 402 in the rear before now but considered it overkill for my needs.

I'll wait for the 612 sample footage before taking the plunge.

My 512GW will have to go the rear then. Do you know if it’ll be possible to power the 615GW from the rear cam port of 512GW?

Last edited:
RRP £250

Source; Halfords winter newsletter

Attachments

• nextbase 612gw.jpg
    nextbase 612gw.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 27
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Alarm man 612GW 25
D 612GW 9
L 612GW 12
megamih 612GW 20