622GW losing connection to rear camera

Litch0000

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Nextbase 622GW with a rear window camera. Quite often when the 622GW starts recording it fails to detect that there is a rear window camera connected. To get the rear window camera working again I have to disconnect and reconnect the rear window camera cable from the port on the 622GW. Does anyone else have this problem, and any suggestions for resolving it?

I have a Nextbase 622GW with a rear window camera. Quite often when the 622GW starts recording it fails to detect that there is a rear window camera connected. To get the rear window camera working again I have to disconnect and reconnect the rear window camera cable from the port on the 622GW. Does anyone else have this problem, and any suggestions for resolving it?
Are you using the stock rear cable that came with the camera itself? I'd reach out to the reseller first that you bought the camera from, or Nextbase if that doesn't work. Ask for a replacement rear camera cable as due to the length of them, they can go faulty on occasion.

Thanks Agie. The whole bundle was supplied and fitted by Halfords (mobile). I did wonder if the rear camera cable was faulty or just too long for the 622GW to detect reliably. I’ll contact Halfords for support.

If this is newly installed, and you could get the rear camera working by unplugging from the front camera, I would guess the problem to be with the connector at the dash cam. May be the installer have greasy fingers and left grease on the connector. I think one thing you could try is first clean the connector with tissue paper; if it doesn’t help may be get a can of electrical contact cleaner to clean the connector on the dash cam and the cable, spray right into where tissue paper couldn’t reach, let it dry and try if that fix it.

Back