70mai A800 4K dashcam

Be careful with the collision detection recording, I've noticed it sometimes does not properly save footage when interrupted and this could result in losing a bit of footage as the cam switches from regular filming to the emergency video.

Press the bottom right button to enter menu (button 4)
Press button 3 once to highlight top right which is the system settings and then press button 4 to confirm.
Press button 3 to move down through the settings.
8th option down is the language option.
Press button 4 to confirm and show the different language options.
I tried that. There is no language options in my device...

Hello,

I just received my A800 from jd.com It started with Chinese and I couldn't change to English no matter what. I installed 70mai app via google play.Its version is 1.6.0 devide fw is D09 1.0.6 but it is Chinese...

I also installed 70map 1.7.3 apk to my phone but I can't register an account because ıt requires a chinese phone number.Can anyone help me to turn my devide lang to English please
Download International firmware 1.0.6ww:

How to:
  1. Format the memory card in the DVR.
  2. Remove the memory card. The DVR will turn off. Do not disconnect the charger.
  3. insert the memory card into the PC and delete all contents from the memory card. Not format.
  4. Copy the contents of the firmware archive to the root of the memory card. All eight files from the archive must be located in the root of the memory card.
  5. insert the memory card with the firmware into the DVR, press the far-right button and the power button. Hold 2 buttons until the arrow appears in English.Now you can let go.
  6. Went the flashing process.
  7. after flashing, a green check mark should appear and the DVR will turn off. Firmware is complete. Turn on the DVR with the power button.

Good luck!

Hello,

I just received my A800 from jd.com It started with Chinese and I couldn't change to English no matter what. I installed 70mai app via google play.Its version is 1.6.0 devide fw is D09 1.0.6 but it is Chinese...

I also installed 70map 1.7.3 apk to my phone but I can't register an account because ıt requires a chinese phone number.Can anyone help me to turn my devide lang to English please
you can input your email, that app will send active code to your email.

Anyone see GPS worked in A800?

Does the front camera now record in 4k when in front and back dual camera mode?

The below video says the front camera only records in 4k when the back camera is not in use, in the comments below the video the video creator says that a future firmware update will make it so that the front camera also does record in 4k when in dual camera mode, can anyone confirm if that is now the case?

Obviously the back camera will only record in 1080p as it's only capable of that.

Does the front camera now record in 4k when in front and back dual camera mode?

The below video says the front camera only records in 4k when the back camera is not in use, in the comments below the video the video creator says that a future firmware update will make it so that the front camera also does record in 4k when in dual camera mode, can anyone confirm if that is now the case?

Obviously the back camera will only record in 1080p as it's only capable of that.

Yes it is, the front camera now writes in 4k with the back camera turned on.
IMG_20201004_174554.jpg

Yes it is, the front camera now writes in 4k with the back camera turned on.
View attachment 53538

Thanks for the info that is good to know.

How are you liking the camera? I'm thinking of buying one from aliexpress, they don't seem to have another distributor in Europe yet.

Thanks for the info that is good to know.

How are you liking the camera? I'm thinking of buying one from aliexpress, they don't seem to have another distributor in Europe yet.
the front is very good quality. And the rear camera would like to record better)

MP4 files are not visible on a Mac and Dashcam Viewer will not view the front or rear files.

Try another player on the MAC computer, maybe update codecs.

is 1.0.6ww of 2020.09.10 the latest firmware?
Still no 4k recording on front cam when rear cam is attached.

is 1.0.6ww of 2020.09.10 the latest firmware?
Still no 4k recording on front cam when rear cam is attached.

The graphic lisabon_Q3 posted above says it does, unless that is wrong...

So, another question.
Installed the A800 today using the hardwire kit.
When I turn off the ignition the dashcam says it will enter surveillance mode in 1 minutes (as configured).
However,
If I come back to the car after 30 minutes or so and turn the dashcam on, the date and time is wrong again. And there are no recordings front the surveillance (not even after punching the window on the location of the dashcam).

What is going wrong?

Ground is at bare metal bolt.
VCC+ is at a constant 12v fuse tab (one of the fuses on the passenger side brown row)
ACC+ is at a switched 12v fuse tab (one of the fuses on the passenger side black row)
Car is a Audi A4 B8 Avant

I noticed my time was out today on the camera by an hour.
Went to settings on the camera.
Set the timezone to the right one for my location.
Turned off automatic time synchronisation.

This sorted the issue. The time has been correct since.

i don't know about the surveillance, its a feature I've not used yet.

As for the 4k recording.
The 4k option will show when you select high compression recording. Selecting this opens up the option for 4k. If the camera is set to low compression recording then the 4k option will not show.

Found the solution.
Auto turn off after parking turns of the complete dashcam.
Disabling this option keeps the park assist on and working.

Found the solution.
Auto turn off after parking turns of the complete dashcam.
Disabling this option keeps the park assist on and working.
That makes sense. I’ll have a look through my settings in the morning because I haven’t tried the park assist yet.
Was it that auto turn off that was affecting your time and date?

Back