70mai A800 4K dashcam

Anyone having issues reading the microsd card after formatting? Tried in Windows 7 and 10 and always ask to format if I plug it in. When formatted in a windows PC the dashcam will ask to format before use. Trying to manually update the camera but stuck in a loop.

I can see the videos on the app so it's working.
When I first had the camera and turned it on it asked me to format the sd card. Since then I’ve taken the sd card out and put it back in a few times (and also experienced the sd card ping across into the drivers footwell). When I’ve put the sd card back in, it’s never prompted me to format the card but I’ve done it anyway.
When I’ve put the card in the reader and plugged it into the MacBook the files have always shown up fine.
I think formatting on a computer is not recognised correctly in all dashcams that’s why the cards get formatted in the device.
Updating the camera is done through the app connected through the camera WiFi to your smart phone.

It should only ask for format on initial startup with a new / or elsewhere formatted memory card, it should not be needed if you have been copying recordings off the card on the computer ( always copy never move files from the memory card )
It is a good idea to format the memory card in the camera every few months to reset file structure.
MAC computers that a memory card have been near have been known to cause problems in the old days, but this problem ( of MAC putting hidden files on memory card ) seem to be gone for many new cameras.
In the old days and MAC it was a must to do a in camera format the memory card after it had been in contact with a MAC computer.

Just a update on the formatting issue and it was an issue with the original firmware. Was able to get the dashcam to read a small 8gb microsd and manually updated from v1.01 to the v1.06. After updating, I can format a 128gb on either the dashcam or computer with no issues.

Hello everybody.

Can you help me find firmware 1.0.1ww for 70mai a800? Thank you

It would be nice to put all the firmware available at the top of the page. Thank you

Version 1.0.6ww no work parking mode.
I have the battery pack.

I just got my A800 but I'm struggling to connect the dashcam to my phone via the app.

I'm connected to the dashcam's wifi network and have the 70mai app on my phone, I follow the steps to connect the camera to the app then it says on the app: "click the power button to authorize", I then try clicking the power button on the A800 but nothing happens and the pairing fails.

Does anyone know what to do?

I have firmware version 1.0.6ww and a Samsung A90

How can you downgrade? Can you explain please
Format the memory card in the camera (32GB or smaller cards are best) Turn off the camera by long pressing the button on the side. Remove the memory card. Connect the camera to the charger without a memory card. Switch off. Unzip the firmware archive file and copy the contents to the root directory of the memory card Insert the memory card with the firmware into the camera, press the rightmost button and the power button. Press and hold these 2 buttons until the arrow appears on the English inscription. Now you can release. The firmware process has started. After installing the firmware, a green check mark should appear and the camera will shut down. The firmware update is complete. Turn on the camera with the power button. The camera should start up normally

Inviato dal mio SM-G973F utilizzando Tapatalk

Format the memory card in the camera (32GB or smaller cards are best) Turn off the camera by long pressing the button on the side. Remove the memory card. Connect the camera to the charger without a memory card. Switch off. Unzip the firmware archive file and copy the contents to the root directory of the memory card Insert the memory card with the firmware into the camera, press the rightmost button and the power button. Press and hold these 2 buttons until the arrow appears on the English inscription. Now you can release. The firmware process has started. After installing the firmware, a green check mark should appear and the camera will shut down. The firmware update is complete. Turn on the camera with the power button. The camera should start up normally

Versione 1.0.1ww con parking mode ok
Versione 1.0.6ww parking mode work online 70mai hardware kit original

Versione 1.0.1ww con parking mode ok
Versione 1.0.6ww parking mode work online 70mai hardware kit original

I hate it. I had it hardwired with another kit, now I have to install theirs for it to work.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Version 1.0.6ww no work parking mode.
I have the battery pack.
I hate it. I had it hardwired with another kit, now I have to install theirs for it to work.

Downgrade app 1.0.1ww

Downgrade

I've already ordered the kits now. Smh. The kit I have has selectable voltage cutoff.

I have blackvue magic pro hardwire cut to 12v

70mai hardwire kit cutoff a 11,4v... no good my car

I have blackvue magic pro hardwire cut to 12v

70mai hardwire kit cutoff a 11,4v... no good my car

I'm nervous about using it too.

Anyone else having trouble connecting to the camera with the 70mai app?

Back